Exhaust 1993 220 CE coupe

gorselands

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1993 W124 220ce
Spent quite a while trying to source a centre box for the ‘rare’ 220ce.

OE No. 1244919801 reg L552 YCC. MB want over £400.00 – too much.

Has anyone been down this route lately and can offer some advice?

Thanks - Mike

Doug1234

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 w210 e300td
Ebay sellers in Germany and Poland etc etc , two year guarantee. I have used these sellers for my w124 exhaust and so far a rear box for my w210.

Look up item number 282266160994 on ebay

OP
G

gorselands

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1993 W124 220ce
Thanks Doug - All leads helpful. I have been getting misleading info. One supplier said he could get a Bosal, but Klarius, a UK company who manufacture exhausts, said they didn't make one for the 220ce and neither do Bosal. CES a distibutor do one from'OPERA' a new UK distributor - their exhausts appear to be manufactured by MTS in Italy. £163.68 from CES but £95.95 from Autosessive - which is CES through Ebay!!

Mike

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Thanks Doug - All leads helpful. I have been getting misleading info. One supplier said he could get a Bosal, but Klarius, a UK company who manufacture exhausts, said they didn't make one for the 220ce and neither do Bosal. CES a distibutor do one from'OPERA' a new UK distributor - their exhausts appear to be manufactured by MTS in Italy. £163.68 from CES but £95.95 from Autosessive - which is CES through Ebay!!

Mike
Have you talked to the guys at Cybox Mike? Just a thought- they may be able to match something for you.
Do you live in Gorselands by the way?

OP
G

gorselands

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1993 W124 220ce
Hi John, telephoned Cybox who asked me to bring the car in for an estimate. Only do stainless to order and couldn't really give me a price. Worth knowing though as I have a Saab 96 V4 that I turbocharghed years ago and had a non standard S/S exhaust made for it at Pico who used to be in Birkenhead. That got ripped off at Shap hillclimb/sprint - the last event of the season. The car has been dormant for many years but may look at restoring it??

I do live at Gorselands and see that you are in the Wirral. Are you nearby?

Mike

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Hi John, telephoned Cybox who asked me to bring the car in for an estimate. Only do stainless to order and couldn't really give me a price. Worth knowing though as I have a Saab 96 V4 that I turbocharghed years ago and had a non standard S/S exhaust made for it at Pico who used to be in Birkenhead. That got ripped off at Shap hillclimb/sprint - the last event of the season. The car has been dormant for many years but may look at restoring it??

I do live at Gorselands and see that you are in the Wirral. Are you nearby?

Mike
Hi Mike, good point on the SS, I had forgotten that! Still worth an estimate. They do a good job, they did some work to liven up the note on my SL...
The Saab sounds interesting- could well be a nice project!
And I’m very close- in Rosecroft!! I’ll keep an eye out for your 124, what colour is it?
Edit; I was thinking Gorsefield which is just a few streets away, but you’re Prenton way ish?

Last edited:

om613

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S202 C250TD, S123 240TD
Ebay sellers in Germany and Poland etc etc , two year guarantee. I have used these sellers for my w124 exhaust and so far a rear box for my w210.

Look up item number 282266160994 on ebay

Yes, excellent!
Back box plus 2 meters of pipe for my 210 was £56 delivered. In 24 hrs. From Poland.
OEM £350 + VAT, BTW.

OP
G

gorselands

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1993 W124 220ce
Yesterday fitted new Sachs rear dampers and had a look at the centre exhaust, it does need replacing. Just debating if it is worth doing it myself or have a garage do it - if they would, or get Quikfit to order the same exhaust from CES and charge me £179.00. I replaced the rear some years ago and suspect I would have to drop the rear to get the centre off. Anyone out there tackled it and know the pitfalls? No lift, working off ramps /axle stands. It's not getting down, it's getting back up that's the problem!

Any comment welcome - Mike

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom