Fault codes 00F8 and 00F6 - please help!

amawjee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes B clas, B150, 150cc , Petrol, Manual
Hi,
My Mercedes B150 has the engine management light on - this came on when I was running low on fuel and the tank was almost empty.
Having scanned it, I get two fault codes - 00F6 and 00F8. Does anyone know what they are? Are they related to the Lamda sensor? Any help greatly appreciated please, thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Sorry,,I do not know what those codes are or what they were read on, they are not the standard codes

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
The EML will come on if the car runs out/low on fuel. Refuel and drive the car the EML will go out. May take up to 5 starts to clear it.

It's all in your owner's handbook ...

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
I did have a look at those codes for you - they relate to plausibility between manifold pressure and throttle valve position.
Star suggests a fault with adaptation, throttle valve, injectors or pressure sensor, but as we now know the car was run low on fuel we might well put it down to that.

Note that these codes are incomplete, and will have a specific identifier tagged onto the end.
Also, the data logged with the codes would be helpful.

OP
A

amawjee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes B clas, B150, 150cc , Petrol, Manual
Thanks all for the response. Sorry but I should've clarified that I have refuelled full tanks at least 6 times since the first time the engine light came on. The engine light is mostly on now (been driving it for at least 15 days with the light on) , there were times when it did disappear for some 10 to 15 minutes but comes on again. The few times that the light goes off isusually when I stop to fuel at Petrol stations, having driven it for say only 10 minutes. It then takes another 10-15 minutes before the engine light is on again! Other symptoms are – the car does not seem as powerful as it was before and a few times I notice a (rotten egg like) smell from the exhaust. I haven’t noticed any difference in the on board calculations in mileage – still gives me on average 26 to 28 mpg
My local garage says that the codes relate to the Lamda sensor (o2 sensor bank 1 – reading is 1.xxx when it should be above 4.xxx) and the Catalytic converter and that I need to get both changed. I do remember them saying that one of the codes said ‘manifold pressure’. I somehow don’t trust them so would be grateful if anyone can confirm this diagnosis. I don’t want to pay a lot of money to replace the Lamda sensor or the Catalytic converter when it is totally some other problem. Many thanks!
One last question please – whilst I get the car repaired, is the car safe to drive or will I be damaging the engine or other parts with driving it around town.

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
To answer the last question first, it is impossible to say, you do stand a chance of damaging the catalytic converter.

And the fault/codes?
No one is going to be able to confirm or deny the diagnosis without actually checking the car, but the fault definitions and probable causes are as I said and listed - no mention of lambda sensor or catalytic converter.

The root cause could be a problem with the throttle body or manifold pressure sensor, or even something not listed such as a faulty fuel filter.
Sorry, but you really need a second opinion from someone with access to the car, rather than our best guess based on these 2x incomplete codes and nothing else.

lwjiunn

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 year 2010
regarding to Fault codes 00F8 and 00F6, it is some thing to do with Engine Throttle Actuator opening angle, since the the Throttle Actuator opening angle was exceed the specified value 2 to 5 degree, so what you going to do try find out your actual position of the Throttle Actuator, if it is more then 5 degree, EML lights up. what should we do??

1) Check is it dirt on the Throttle Flap? if yes, clean it and check the actual value of the Throttle Angle again. This is a common fault on engine M266....
2) If there is no dirt, try to find out any leakage between Throttle Actuator and Intake Ports...

Hope my suggestion can be help you..

WG M-B

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
Injectors will be causing this fault. Never see this thread before:(

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom