Fitting of self-levelling spheres - anyone know?

AlisonH

Reaction score
Website
www.trpd.co.uk
Please can anyone offer information or advice on fitting a pair of self-levelling spheres of the rear suspension of my old W124 TE?

Have the parts on order, but the maunal seems to be for a saloon version, which doesn't have these parts.

Thanks.

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
whats the first six digits on the chassis number 124***
jib

Richard Moakes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500; ML500
Just done the spheres on the front of my R129

Apart from rusted unions, nuts and bolts it's not rocket science, make sure you have some spare ZH-M fluid. GSF sell it cheaper than the dealers, around £3.50 a litre I think.

The car will lower as you bleed the system prior to fitting them, you must make sure that it is up on ramps and high enough when its on the bump stops not to crush you under it.

Good Luck,

OP
AlisonH

AlisonH

Reaction score
Website
www.trpd.co.uk
Under it? I thought they were accessible from under the floor panels inside the rear of the car...? :roll: (Gimme a hoss & cart and I am on more familiar ground! :D )

Bolide

Reaction score
Website
www.w124.co.uk
Your Mercedes
BMW 525 Diesel Touring
They're inside the car just behind the rear seat & between the rear arches under a C-shaped panel. The panels is held to the floor with two invisible posidriv screws sunk into the carpet - if it won't come out, that's why

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

OP
AlisonH

AlisonH

Reaction score
Website
www.trpd.co.uk
Thanks, Nick.

Next job will be finding room for the rear garden junk currently residing (or living and growing) on top of the said panel! :D

Finding a broom and a metal detector might be an idea too, because if they are normally invisible screws, they'll be impossible to locate beneath the hay, straw, spilled animal feed, dog hair and other crap currently on the rear carpets.

Someone remarked the other day that I seemed to have everything bar a kitchen sink in the rear - they were almost wrong - there is a kitchen sink unit, if not the sink itself, flatpacked in there right now. :lol: (Well, I always said I needed a workhorse!)

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom