Flaking trim surface - How do I complain?

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Hi
Just had an email from MB ........... advising a refund of £229.43 from my service plan :)
On others cars I've had I've sometimes needed the final service and at other times it hasn't been due when the car has gone back. I've checked ASSYST and the service is not due until after the PCP return date so it won't need doing.
A minor victory!
Hi Brian, are you saying they did actually give you a credit against yur service plan but you wont be able to use it because the car will be sent back before it could be used?
If so can you ask them to put that against your next car? Or a general credit at the main dealer?

OP
B

briandm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI 2015
Hi

Hi Brian, are you saying they did actually give you a credit against yur service plan but you wont be able to use it because the car will be sent back before it could be used?
If so can you ask them to put that against your next car? Or a general credit at the main dealer?

No credit, they've actually refunded me the £229 on the basis that I'd overpaid that amount compared with the actual cost of the two services done.

OP
B

briandm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI 2015
New vent assembly now fitted. All is now good with the car ..... apart from the relationship with MB which is permanently spoiled. Such a shame. I hope the Motor Ombudsman finds in my favour. Will post response when I get it.

Thanks for all your help, advice and support :)

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Well done. I can't believe their abrupt dismissal of the problem without further examination - their responding letter is a classic that has obviously been used many times (grrr). I am quite surprised they did not offer a chargeable repair with a pipeline refund if the material was found to be faulty when returned by the dealer. But I suppose that's too simple.

Best wishes for the Ombudsman - be sure to point out that MB simply rejected the claim without even seeing the faulty part!

OP
B

briandm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI 2015
Well done. I can't believe their abrupt dismissal of the problem without further examination - their responding letter is a classic that has obviously been used many times (grrr). I am quite surprised they did not offer a chargeable repair with a pipeline refund if the material was found to be faulty when returned by the dealer. But I suppose that's too simple.

Best wishes for the Ombudsman - be sure to point out that MB simply rejected the claim without even seeing the faulty part!

Thanks Dave. That's my main frustration, rejecting the claim without inspecting the component and not giving a reason for failure, other than it's nowt to do with them!! (grrr!)

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom