Garmin Map Pilot in C class (2017)

Peter Lanky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class saloon
On a few journeys this week, the satnav has interrupted and informed me (by voice) that "Alternative route will save you xx minutes" and a grey icon appears on the left of the screen. Sounds good, but then it doesn't tell me what next. Is it going to take me automatically on this new route (which it doesn't appear to do seeing as I spent an hour almost stationary on the A74M this afternoon) or am I supposed to do something and if so, what?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Not sure exactly how the Garmin 2017 system works but with Comand it also states alternative routes available, then you have to select from the alternative or alternatives from the list. You can also use Linguatronic to say 'show alternative routes' then select. If the Garmin is the same then it wont automatically reroute you to the alternative.
My A6 on the other hand used to constantly change route 'due to current traffic conditions'- it drove me nuts!

OP
P

Peter Lanky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class saloon
I'll try the voice action next time it happens, but in the meantime any other suggestions welcome.

raymondj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2.2 C class coupe 2017
On a few journeys this week, the satnav has interrupted and informed me (by voice) that "Alternative route will save you xx minutes" and a grey icon appears on the left of the screen. Sounds good, but then it doesn't tell me what next. Is it going to take me automatically on this new route (which it doesn't appear to do seeing as I spent an hour almost stationary on the A74M this afternoon) or am I supposed to do something and if so, what?
I have exactly the same issue, anyone help?

What do I/we do?

O my VW touch screen you hit a icon on screen, with the Merc I have no idea and neither do the customer service team that are paid my Mercedes Benz

Mike Moore

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300h/2017/2.1

Peter. Did you get the answer to this. Just took delivery of mine and this is the only issue.

zeeshh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220d / 2017/W213, E220 CDI/2013/W212, E250 CDI/2011/W212, E250 CDI/2010/W212, C180/2002/W203
go to notifications, and you need to select the offer of alternate route. It took me months before I figure out how to accept the alternate router offer :)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Nothing happens automatically then as I said...

Kirkbyfox

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 GLC 220d
Not sure where to find notifications (Zeeshh comment) but i have been backwards and forwards with Mercedes Customer service for a while and they have said to do the following:
1. Press the control button
2. select traffic from the menu]
3. Select the alternative route (So I am told, I have not tried this yet)

Hopefully somebody can confirm as this has been driving me nuts!

Top Bottom