1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gear drop c320

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, Fuel and Exhaust' started by Ncc-1709, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Ncc-1709

Ncc-1709 New Member

Your Mercedes:
    W203 04 M112
    Hi
    C320 w203 M112 2004 estate Auto

Ive been having issues lately where if i accelerate hard, then desalerate/ hop on the breaks as the box changes up gear, it will lose all gears, and require restarting the engine to get them back.

this tends to happen when overtaking tractors and have to slow in between 2.

Its also happened on the motorway when a coach started to pull into my lane while i was under his mirror, so i floored it to avoid him and it dropped the gears, so i had to pop it into neutral and slide into the shoulder to restart the engine.

after restart it works fine again.

i had the gearbox oil and filter changed a few month ago, thinking it would solve it, but its started doing it again already.

many thanks in advance for any help

2. Steve@Avantgarde

Steve@Avantgarde Forum Supporter Authorised Forum Supporter

Your Mercedes:
    Mercedes-Benz C32AMG and SLR McLaren Coupe 2005.
    Possible speed sensor fail on the electro plate, I would get the fault codes read with STAR.

3. OP
    Ncc-1709

Ncc-1709 New Member

Your Mercedes:
    W203 04 M112
    Just after i got the oil replaced, i did get it plugged in, but there wasnt any error code in relation to gearbox or sensors ect :(

4. Craiglxviii

Craiglxviii Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W215 CL500 Garage Queen; W212 E220 AMG Night Edition; W211 E320 Avantgarde Estate Designo Edition
  5. Steve@Avantgarde

Steve@Avantgarde Forum Supporter Authorised Forum Supporter

Your Mercedes:
    Mercedes-Benz C32AMG and SLR McLaren Coupe 2005.
    If the gearbox has slipped, there must be fault codes stored. What machine was being used as a diagnostic platform? If it wasn't star, then go to someone who has it. Generic machines do not always read gearbox ECU's.