Gear Lever park lock cable clip

mahay1

Reaction score
Hi ,
Following my key stuck in the ignition episode, I now need to locate the whereabouts of the park lock key release cable clip where this cable fits into on the gear lever base. When the gear lever is moved to park, this cable pushes the key release mechism to release the key. The plastic bit that hold the end of the cable is broken. Can anyone tell me where I can get hold of this clip, or wheteher I need to purchase the whole base of the gear lever.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi ,
Following my key stuck in the ignition episode, I now need to locate the whereabouts of the park lock key release cable clip where this cable fits into on the gear lever base. When the gear lever is moved to park, this cable pushes the key release mechism to release the key. The plastic bit that hold the end of the cable is broken. Can anyone tell me where I can get hold of this clip, or wheteher I need to purchase the whole base of the gear lever.

Its some time since I was on this one, what is the VIN first 6 numbers again please

OP
M

mahay1

Reaction score
Hi Malcolm,
The vin number is 2100372A109622.
It is the plastic holder which the cable head fits into. I dont know if it all complete or whether you can just replace the white clip at the bottom of the gear shift mechanism. It is the cable nearest the dash.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom