Hello everyone

Michael McC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 BLUE EFFICIENCY CYSPORT CDIA 2010 2143 CC
Just joined the forum. I own a 2010 c class 220 blue efficiency sport which is now starting to cost me silly money in various repairs parts such as battery and brakes etc. Hoping you can all steer me in the right direction with your advice in the future. Looking forward to reading advice and actual experiences from all members on the forum.

Thanks.

Mercedes-2010

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C350 AMG Sport (2013)
Hi and welcome.. nice motor you have there, it's sometimes nice to know that these bits are done and knowing that you are starting a fresh with a car.. what mileage has it done?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

OP
M

Michael McC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi and welcome.. nice motor you have there, it's sometimes nice to know that these bits are done and knowing that you are starting a fresh with a car.. what mileage has it done?

OP
M

Michael McC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for the reply. Sorry as you can see not too good on computers. the car has just over 66,000 miles on clock. currently losing coolant requiring regular top up

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Welcome to the forum Michael. Plenty of experienced members here willing to help with problems.

If you ever need parts and can wait a day or two, keep in mind MB Grangemouth who seem to be able to offer good discounts on brake parts, batteries etc. Just have your Vin # handy when you call so the correct part van be supplied.
01324 409697 https://www.arnoldclark.com/find-a-dealer/mercedes-benz-of-grangemouth/ref/arnyam

Re your coolant loss, when the engine is cool, put your hand under the water pump and see if you are losing coolant there. Quite possible you have the start of a water pump failure and its weeping from a worn pump. Is there coolant under the car in the mornings after parking up overnight?

Mercedes-2010

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C350 AMG Sport (2013)
Get that checked out asap.. probably something simple but needs checking out for sure.. 66k is probably about right for new discs to be fair and batteries can be pretty much at anytime depending on usage and could have been standing in a state of discharge maybe!
Dave

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Hi Michael and welcome to the forum. Mine is 2010 and just over 60k so now you are getting me worried!

OP
M

Michael McC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Welcome to the forum Michael. Plenty of experienced members here willing to help with problems.

If you ever need parts and can wait a day or two, keep in mind MB Grangemouth who seem to be able to offer good discounts on brake parts, batteries etc. Just have your Vin # handy when you call so the correct part van be supplied.
01324 409697 https://www.arnoldclark.com/find-a-dealer/mercedes-benz-of-grangemouth/ref/arnyam

Re your coolant loss, when the engine is cool, put your hand under the water pump and see if you are losing coolant there. Quite possible you have the start of a water pump failure and its weeping from a worn pump. Is there coolant under the car in the mornings after parking up overnight?

Thanks for the advice regarding parts AMGeed. MB Grangemouth not too far away from where I live. There is no coolant under the car in the mornings nor any sign of oil contamination. However i have discovered that there is a small amount of coolant going onto the drive belt but cant see where it is coming from. Appears to leak only when engine running. Car parked up as this will be getting checked out on Friday. Hopefully just a hose or connection.

OP
M

Michael McC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Michael and welcome to the forum. Mine is 2010 and just over 60k so now you are getting me worried!

Thanks Srdi. Dealer serviced every year since I bought used from MB Glasgow with only 27000 miles. Just your luck I think and luck is something I don't have a lot of.

OP
M

Michael McC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Get that checked out asap.. probably something simple but needs checking out for sure.. 66k is probably about right for new discs to be fair and batteries can be pretty much at anytime depending on usage and could have been standing in a state of discharge maybe!
Dave

Thanks for the advice. Car parked up getting checked out on Friday.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi Michael, welcome to the forum :)

Top Bottom