Hello

w124_E280

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum my name is chris you can probably guess wot i drive from my username i work in mercedes benz parts so if any of you guys need ne help let me know and i will try my best

ps liking the site so far hoping to get some pictures of my car up soon

kit820

Reaction score
What a good news!!!! We now have a professional Mercedes expert. Welcome.

PINBALL

Reaction score
Website
www.coin-opcommunity.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 E230 / 124 E220 /124 E280 /210 E320 CDI Wagons
Hi there 124,

Can you tell me the cost of a new or recon power steering pump would be please for same car as you! ..see below.

Many Thanks, Keith.:wink:

bazza

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 S211 280CDi & BMW E86
Welcome, I think you will be very popular round here!

Bazza

turnipsock

Reaction score
Great to have a parts guy onboard. I feel guilty already as I think my dealership parts guys must hate me. I come down with a list really small parts that never amount to more than £20. They spend an hour looking for the bits and order them up.

I thought they were going to get their own back when I ordered some front springs along with my usual load of crap. The parts guy looked a bit sheepish when he came out with the bill, I said "this is going to be expensive isn't it?". He went back and got me a discount! These guys are the best.

OP
W

w124_E280

Reaction score
Yea not all dealers are bad if you are a good regular customer or ask nicely we can always arrange some discount most people are surprised at how cheap genuine parts are! as for coventry winning the FA cup it must have been before the wheel was ivented when dinosaurs raomed the earth!!!

PINBALL

Reaction score
Website
www.coin-opcommunity.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 E230 / 124 E220 /124 E280 /210 E320 CDI Wagons
Pay no attention to those jokers, 124.

Many thanks for the price check - roundabout £212 +++

What made you get your E280 ?
& What mileage is on yours?

Won't be able to get back to you till after 10th Oct as am away in Monaco for a week.

Great to have you on forum.
Regards,

Keith.

OP
W

w124_E280

Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed reply been busy my 124 has covered just 75k miles with full mb service history i bought it as a trade in with only 68k on the clock it is blue black metallic with full carat du chatelet bumpers and wheels i chose this car not only because its cheap but after a coverstaion with the technicians i was informed they are bullet proof and capable of 250k without any major problems

angus falconer

Reaction score
w124_E280 said:
I'm new to the forum my name is chris you can probably guess wot i drive from my username i work in mercedes benz parts so if any of you guys need ne help let me know and i will try my best

....how much is a MAF for a C43? (told you I'd be asking you a service-related question....)

BTW

lumpy

New Registration
Reaction score
w124_E280 said:

I wonder if you could help, I recently bought a SLK230K and it arrived without a users manual, do you or anyone have any idea where I might get hold of one?

OP
W

w124_E280

Reaction score
The air mass sensor is around 238.93+vat but again would need a chassis no. for exact price as for your handbooks lumpy go to your local dealer will cost around £30 for a full set

angus falconer

Reaction score
Thanks Chris, I though that it was in that ball park.

Having read so much about MAF's (and having experienced occassional part throttle hesitancy over the last few months) I have been expecting to have to dip into my pocket sometime soon.

BTW I really W124's. I like to think that W202's came from similar lineage - ie the last of the over-engineered Mercs. I had a W124 on loan for several days last year - even though it had obviously been seriously neglected and was shedding bits of trim left right and centre it still drove beautifully and was a serene way to waft through London rush hour.

My neighbour calls them "Beirut Taxis" becuase his father was a war correspondant out there for several years and these were the only cars which could survive the conditions.

angus falconer

Reaction score
Hi Chris - yes it was the MAF plus a couple of dodgy HT leads and one of the coils.

C43 back in rude health now.

Must plan a weekend away to enjoy it........and show off my returned-to-new AMG monoblocs courtesy of Diamond Styling.

OP
W

w124_E280

Reaction score
Indeed now sorted will be nice to go for a blat down some nice open roads and stretch the legs of that v8

angus falconer

Reaction score
w124_E280 said:
Indeed now sorted will be nice to go for a blat down some nice open roads and stretch the legs of that v8

Oh yes. It's got all it's that grunt back between 1500 and 2500 revs that makes it so quick off the mark. Acceleration at 4000 plus is now violent again. I really had forgotten how quick these cars can be.

I am indebted to Stuart at BSG Merecedes for cleaning and adjusting plugs, and for testing all the HT leads and coils individually - he saved me a small fortune - err how much for 16 leads, 16 plugs and 8 coils.......

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom