2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
this one is answered

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
I have a s/h pump that has water damage.

star

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Can I buy it from you if the motor/pump is OK

Sure, not sure if its good so I'll can send it and you can tell me if you get the parts you require.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sure, not sure if its good so I'll can send it and you can tell me if you get the parts you require.

I will send you an Email in the morning and I will pay the postage what ever happens :D

RayBroadbridge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350 2008
PSE Pump motor - help & advice needed

I have a failed PSE pump motor from a 2008 SL350 - no continuity across the motor terminals. Does anyone know if there's a source for spare motors (this one is Bosch 1 397 220 291) - I suspect I'll need the rotary pump bit as well, as I don't have the gear to pull the pump rotor drive pin from the motor shaft without wrecking it! Best deal I have found for a replacement PSE unit complete is about £ 250, which seems a lot if I can replace the motor, or indeed get it repaired...
And as an aside, since my petrol filler is now permanently locked until I get a new PSE, anyone know how to unlock from inside ?

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
There is a thing to pull close to the flap inside the boot - can't remember exactly where but it's in the manual

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No handle on the 230 that I know of,,, for the fuel flap, sucking or blowing the pipe will open it

No pump motors are sold on their own :( That number is the same for all the pump motors and I think that you will find the pumps complete cost £825

Are you sure that the motor is open circuit

Mercedes007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2000 slk320 v6
What happened to my PSE I sent you ???
I paid postage on that too! Now you are paying postage for someone to send you their old one!
Im a bit miffed at this to be honest.

star

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
What happened to my PSE I sent you ???
I paid postage on that too! Now you are paying postage for someone to send you their old one!
Im a bit miffed at this to be honest.

Malcom wants to buy an old unit that I have, but I'm not sure if its salvagable, he is willing to take the risk. So he's not repairing one for me, he wants the parts to help others.

Clkrichard

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 Cabriolet 2004, R 230 SL 500 2005, new A class AMG Sport.
Mercedes007 Malcolm is dealing with some difficult family issues at present so I think you need to cut him some slack

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
So sorry I have forgot all about it,, Lilian went into hospital 2 days after it came and I have been there all day every day since

RayBroadbridge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350 2008
Yes, sadly it's definitely o/c even when you move the rotor. I have taken it round to a local chap who might just have the tools to prise it apart but I'm not hopeful as the thing is held together by press moulding... Will try sucking on tube! Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have decided that the 20 amp fuse is very boarder line and often fine with a 25 amp fuse, I could have a good motor, can you send me your pump

RayBroadbridge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350 2008
Good motor ?

If your motor is working and has the pump still attached I'll gladly buy it - no need for you to do the work ?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If your motor is working and has the pump still attached I'll gladly buy it - no need for you to do the work ?

No I removed the pump section but they are easy to transfer over, just the screws on the end all it all comes off, but care needed as all the parts are carbon

RayBroadbridge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350 2008
Pump removal

I have removed the pump housing and impellor from my motor, but there is still the carbon pump seat attached around the shaft of the motor. This is because there is a pin fixed to the motor shaft which I am afraid to try and remove for fear of shattering the carbon pump seat. (The pin engages with a slot in the pump rotor.) Does this make sense ?

RayBroadbridge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350 2008
PSE pump motor

No I removed the pump section but they are easy to transfer over, just the screws on the end all it all comes off, but care needed as all the parts are carbon

I have removed the pump housing and impellor from my motor, but there is still the carbon pump seat attached around the shaft of the motor. This is because there is a pin fixed to the motor shaft which I am afraid to try and remove for fear of shattering the carbon pump seat. (The pin engages with a slot in the pump rotor.) Does this make sense ?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom