Help! Dashboard/ceiling rattle or creaking noise

JefeMoose

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W205 Facelift C300d
Help! W205 C300 facelift creaking/rattle sound

I have recently bought my first Mercedes (pic) and have to say I absolutely love it. Sadly, I am quickly becoming detached from it as I am constantly hearing new rattles from various places and the car is barely a year old.

This particular sound sounds like it is coming from somewhere inside the dashboard or maybe somewhere in the sunglass compartment/rear view mirror. It almost sounds like it could be a loose cable tapping on a surface somewhere.

I have tried moving or pressing on anything and everything I can reach to try and replicate the sound but cannot find it anywhere. Of course without being able to find it, it is very difficult to fix.

I have taken it back to the dealership but they have simply said that they couldn’t find it so cannot help.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar and does anyone have a solution?

pikeg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold My Mercedes
I had a similar issue in my C204, there was a slight tapping coming from the passenger footwell/glovebox area.. For the life of me I couldn't find it.. I even thought for a second that the Becker satnav box was rattling in the cradle but it wasn't that.

Luckily I have a friend who's an MOT tester so I asked him to pop on the ramp and see if something underneath had become loose.. After a poke around he couldn't see anything hanging off or loose.. Until he flashed the torch into the passenger wheel arch "I think I found your rattle" he said while pulling a piece of my coil spring out :oops:..

Turned out I had a broken spring that the dealership I bought it from (Carshop) never told me about! As the 3 month warranty had run out, I had to get the coil replaced myself.. Never mind.. Since then I've had no tapping noises at all :cool:

So worth checking your springs..

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom