HELP HELP HELP

eihtur

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C180k 3door
Not just because of this "little mishap" but I totally agree, i did think that I read something recently along the lines that it is happening. No, as I type this I recall that it is a certain car manufacturer has a system that prevents it......cant remember who now.

You can buy a widget to prevent this...I'll try to find it.

Found it:

http://dieselhead.co.uk/

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500L 2001, gone but, never forgotten
This post just shows how sensitive modern car are now. Many years ago I put diesel in my old Renault van and it drove down the road like a demented kangaroo but, once on the motorway it calmed down and after a 100 miles I topped the tank up again. This went on for a couple of days until all the diesel had gone and the only result of this mistake was the the van drove even faster than before.

It was a very old van, only worth £50, as that was the value of the RFL on the windshield!

OP
peterwhayward

peterwhayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240 classic est 2000 2.4
This post just shows how sensitive modern car are now. Many years ago I put diesel in my old Renault van and it drove down the road like a demented kangaroo but, once on the motorway it calmed down and after a 100 miles I topped the tank up again. This went on for a couple of days until all the diesel had gone and the only result of this mistake was the the van drove even faster than before.

It was a very old van, only worth £50, as that was the value of the RFL on the windshield!

Not to mention how "sensative" modern car owners are............I went lucking foopy! when she told me.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You dont know how nearly right you are Malcolm. Thanks for your speedy reply to my first post but I was getting my coat on and halfway out the door by the time it arrived.(it was 17 minutes though! Are you slipping?.):)

I asked what I did to see if it could be topped up with diesel, but that was too much, pleased its all OK and so many do this, do fit one of the blockers for the nozzle :D

OP
peterwhayward

peterwhayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I asked what I did to see if it could be topped up with diesel, but that was too much, pleased its all OK and so many do this, do fit one of the blockers for the nozzle :D

Will do Malcolm, should be a standard item though.............or is it we dont pay enough for our cars and mercedes cant afford it?.

OP
peterwhayward

peterwhayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me crying

A couple of photos taken by my son in law who says its the closest hes seen me to tears since I chopped my finger off !.:shock:

2012-08-25123649.jpg

2012-08-25123702.jpg

Top Bottom