Help needed

Bryan88

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 1987 200
Hi all. After experiencing James Bond like smoke and oiled up plugs I traced the problem to the vacuum unit on the gearbox. Living in South Africa this part is proving difficult to find new (I have yet to try the MB agents, but if they have one I know it will be expensive), however my kids are currently in England and will be returning in December. If anybody can point me in the direction of a supplier, I can then pass that info onto them.
Many thanks

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Try and find the Part number as I expect the main dealer in the UK is the only place you'll get that part.
You can also compare prices to see if its cheaper in SA.
The dealers here in the UK are reluctant to give out part numbers so hopefully you don't have that issue at home.

What is the Vin# of the car in question? I'll see if I can find the Part # online matched to your Vin.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Thanks for the reply, the VIN is ADB1240206A478648

You had me fooled for a minute. The Vin begins WDB, not ABD.
I got this from your data card

The data card shows you have a 722.411 transmission. Should be a 4 speed automatic?

From the EPC, I found this page but I wouldn't hazard a guess at the particular part you need and its Part number.
Maybe you can see it?

If you need any other Parts, it may help to bookmark this link for future use for your W124.

L

OP
B

Bryan88

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 1987 200
Thanks a lot, looks like the part is there. I am going to the agents today, to see what they have. I will also ask them what the deal is with the VIN? I'm pretty sure it's ADB, that might have something to do with it being built here in SA? Though it may have only been assembled here. Thanks again

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Thanks a lot, looks like the part is there. I am going to the agents today, to see what they have. I will also ask them what the deal is with the VIN? I'm pretty sure it's ADB, that might have something to do with it being built here in SA? Though it may have only been assembled here. Thanks again
Yes, first character of VIN is country of origin. A is South Africa, W is Germany. DB is manufacturer (presumably Daimler Benz).

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom