Help Please.. Limp Mode.. Temp to high

captain1903

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito w639
Hello all, hoping someone can point me in the right direction, before I spend a fortune replacing sensors etc..
I've got a 2013 Vito w639.
Just gone into limp mode and 'Temperature high, turn off immediately' warning came on. Checked and engine wasn't even hot to touch, coolant wasn't hot at all. Has anyone had this or have any idea what it could be?? I've had a fault in the past with warning 'coolant Temperature out of range'.. really need this van and any help would be greatly appreciated

VitoVanMan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 2005 115 CDI W639, Saab 93 TiD
I had a cold start issue and it turned out to be the temperature sensor, which was reading a constant 85 C. , never knew this until I used my scanner, as I don't have an engine temperature gauge on the dash. It didn't go into limp mode, but just gave me a really rough , slow start and rough idle until I had traveled three miles and then it started perfectly and a smooth idle speed.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom