Help regarding Electronic Level Control (ENR) on a 2001 V220 CDi

Regular viewer

Reaction score
new to this forum so hi to everyone and hopefully someone will come up with an answer to my question.

Last weekend on taking the V220 out i noticed it was jumping around a lot at the rear when going over bumps and the ride was kinda hard rather than smooth and relaxing. I took 4 people out in the back this afternoon and it was like a roller coaster ride - very bumpy!
I got my handbook out and checked the ENR - i did this by starting the engine and pressing the ENR switch for over 2 seconds. Strange thing was that the book stated that i would have an indicator lamp on my instrument display but i never did! Then i drove off on my journey and had no joy with the suspension, still hard as a rock.
so anyone got any ideas on whats wrong and can i do any checks on whether the ENR is working.
I look forward to your replies....

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Welcome, can you hear the pump running, near/side, these pumps burn out,not cheap to replace!!!

OP
R

Regular viewer

Reaction score
yes the pump is running and ****** noisey it is too! the thing runs for around 2 mins once you have turned the engine off and locked the doors!
but alas it seems to be running but not doing much to my suspension!

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
As i suspected, new pump and relay needed!!!

OP
R

Regular viewer

Reaction score
just to let anyone know i decided to not go down the new pump route but went for the replace with shocks and srpings route..glad i did, so much cheaper and the ride, i feel, is the same...so no more worrying whether the pump is gonna break down on me...

MB TECH WARRINGTON

Reaction score
just to let anyone know i decided to not go down the new pump route but went for the replace with shocks and srpings route..glad i did, so much cheaper and the ride, i feel, is the same...so no more worrying whether the pump is gonna break down on me...

THIS IS WHAT WE ADVISE TO ALL OUR CUSTOMERS WITH THE V CLASS, PUMP IS IN A VERY EXPOSED AREA AND NEW ONES FITTED HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO FAIL WITHIN SHORT PERIODS. GO DOWN THE SPRINGS/SHOCK ROUTE, FAR BETTER

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom