How do you check the oil ??

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
A friend has just got his V6 E320cdi - Having had a blast - (I think I want to swap the 270!) I was showing him around the computer but couldn't find the check oil level screen. Pulled out the manual but its not mentioned.
Daft question, but how do you do it (they haven't re-introduced the dipstick have they?)??

carabind

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e class
is it a W221 ? what year ? I can access this behind the main (speedo/temp) display, but there is another way which was posted at the weekend.

Ignition key in 1st position (not ingnition on), scroll through steering wheel menu untill outside temp is displayed. Press dash reset button (on left) 3 times quickly. Do you now have a battery voltage displayed? If so, use up/down buttons on wheel to get to a menu which has various writing & figures on it, at the bottom, says "oil" or "oil level". When you reach this, then switch ignition on & it will display the actual oil quantity in the sump. Compare this to you spec on your handbook. "

Last edited:
OP
jberks

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Thanks. It's a 211 - 2005 (55 plate) so only a year younger than mine but it's not in the same place on the menu as mine.
I'll try what you've posted and see what happens.

carabind

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e class
By chnace, mine is a 211 on a 55 plate, so this hould work OK

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom