How to update Sat nav maps

Laurence Stoker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC350d 2017
Hi, everyone. Just bought a GLC 350d 2017, great car but the maps are out of date. Currently showing 2017/18 (V11.0) Europe. Anybody out there know the best way to update them.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Your local main dealer can update the map to the latest version for you.
Not sure on the cost currently but its best done when you have a service at the same time as updating the maps does occupy a service bay.
Your Parts dept can fill you in on the costs.

OP
Laurence Stoker

Laurence Stoker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC350d 2017
Your local main dealer can update the map to the latest version for you.
Not sure on the cost currently but its best done when you have a service at the same time as updating the maps does occupy a service bay.
Your Parts dept can fill you in on the costs.
Good advice , I will look into that.

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Forum sponsors on here are comandonline.co.uk who know more about MB ICE/Satnav etc than most or all MB main dealers, suggest you contact them with you vehicle VIN so they can look up the build sheet for exactly what the car left the factory with, and tell you exactly what you need to update the maps (possibly firmware as well as maps), what it will cost and how to do it. With a 2017 car I suspect you will need a PIN code from the MB mainframe (which comandonline can obtain for you!) as well as the relevant DVD/SD card - but expect the cost to be north of £100. Occasionally MB main dealers do a special offer on map updates for £99, but I have not seen one for a while.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
... - but expect the cost to be north of £100. Occasionally MB main dealers do a special offer on map updates for £99, but I have not seen one for a while.
long story short ..... I paid for the map updates on my ML W166 (never worked out what the head unit is) when I bought it almost 5 years ago & was then reimbursed by the selling dealer, it was about £140. Considering it was supposed to be the current, up to date maps, they were anything but. I'd have been disappointed if I'd paid for it.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom