I.C.E - big audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

john

I.C.E

Tweeters at front in standard dash position.
Mids or 6x9's in doors or kick panels at foot level.
Plenty room in door pockets to fit large speakers or component tweeter/mids. Rear doors accomodate speakers.
Now - bit trickier.
Remove rear seat--couple of bolts at bottom of seat back and lift seat back straight up to unclip.
Now u got acces to parcel shelf. Take out shelf and cut a hole in it big enough for tape measure--2" should do it.
Replace shelf and measure from steel boothead to shelf.
Install deepest speakers you can get in there---it is not that deep!!!
Bass box in boot towards centre with speaker pointed straight up. Port the low end bass where the first aid kit used to be. Cover resultant first aid kit hole with fabric or whatever to stop debris onto bass speaker.
Wire it up and let rip.

Points to remember.

Wire it up good and proper.
Keep all windows shut and sunroof closed at high volumes - this helps sound quality and increases sound pressure thus higher volumes.
Point tweeters at your ears as higher frequencies travel in straight lines whereas bass travels everywhere.

good luck with instal

Matt Crooke

Reaction score
I.C.E

Ive recently installed a 'modest' system in my 190..getting peed off with the tinny dashboard speakers that the standard 190 has to offer!

As john has said, ive replaced the dash speakers with tweeters, ive got flush mid-range in the front doors and 6x9's on the rear shelf, finished off with a Kenwood CD head unit.

It dosent look too out of place in th car either, plus ive had the rear shelf re-covered completely so you cant actually the 6x9's on the shelf.

When you run the wiring, be prepared......fit speaker wiring in a Ford or Vauxhall its simply a matter of lifting the carpet up and running the wires underneath, not so in a 190. You have the carpet, then a layer of sound deadening, then a false plastic floor, then the actual floor of the car!. Its quite handy though as there are several cable channels you can use to take the wires neatly to the back of the car. You will find the same if / when you remove the rear seat....masses of sound deadedning under there as well.

Good luck!

OP
M

mofo

Reaction score
I.C.E

well guys in mine i carry alpine tweeter at the furthest forward point in each of the front corners where the dash meets the windscreen.

alpine 5 3/4 mids in the doors

6x9 on the rear parcel

and in the boot i carry a rockford punch 15 sub in a sealed bow running the system is a alpine amp and a kenwood md head with 4.5 pre outs. i just removed the medbox completely and covered it

the car bounces. i could have done with the amps in my last car i had two punch amps in there, but some thieving mofo stole the car when i had a passenger in it (dragging her out first) and to rub salt into the wound they torched it with all the gear in it......!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom