I didnt want to mention this but my car is chugging and screeching since lenghty

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
C

Calumcco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
N/A
  • Banned
The photo confirmed my thoughts,

windup!

I've noticed now it isn't the choke but why does it say in my handbook that my car has a choke in the same position as this steering wheel adjuster knob?

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
Point 4 - I bought something small and Japanese and looked what a fiasco that turned into!!! :?

no, you bought something ANCIENT and japanese. as much as i dislike them personally (i dont like many things that others do) you can get some cracking little Honda or nissan automatics for £1000-£1500

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I've noticed now it isn't the choke but why does it say in my handbook that my car has a choke in the same position as this steering wheel adjuster knob?

not sure how many times i can say this (this will be the third time i believe)

if you look at the photo you posted up of the lever you thought was the 'choke' control, behind it, on the blue dashboard, you will see a 'rectangular' shaped panel thats a different texture to the rest of the dash around it. this is a blanking panel made to cover the gap that would have housed the choke control on earlier cars that DID have a manual choke. it was always going to cost much less to have 1 dash and a blanking panel to cover what wasnt needed, than to have 2 different dashboards.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Calum have you spoken to the garage that did the head gasket job? If not, why not? When will you?

OP
C

Calumcco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
N/A
  • Banned
Calum have you spoken to the garage that did the head gasket job? If not, why not? When will you?

Screeching has stopped. I will see what transpires. My MOT is due on/before 7th February and I will have it MOT'd at the same garage.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Screeching has stopped. I will see what transpires. My MOT is due on/before 7th February and I will have it MOT'd at the same garage.

id advise putting it in for MOT ASAP then you can get any MOT problems (if there are any) sorted BEFORE the old MOT runs out, AND the garage can check out your issues whilst its in there.

DONT WAIT

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.

I'm not being drawn in,
have fun with every one else here.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
My cynical mind thinks despite these great offers nothing will transpire.

OP
C

Calumcco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
N/A
  • Banned
If people feel that way then maybe my account should be deleted?

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Makes me giggle, you lot fall for these threads everytime, 17 pages of the same old....you lot really must have too much time on your hands.........

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
If people feel that way then maybe my account should be deleted?

You keep saying this and then ignore all the good advice your given, hence i stopped weeks ago, you don't want help from people on here otherwise you would have listened and taken it straight back to the garage.......

OP
C

Calumcco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
N/A
  • Banned
You keep saying this and then ignore all the good advice your given, hence i stopped weeks ago, you don't want help from people on here otherwise you would have listened and taken it straight back to the garage.......

With what money? If I take it back for further inspection then this will incur a fee of some sort?

If I am that much of a nuisance then I am more than content to be deleted if it makes a difference. I don't mind. I only come on here for the company and to try to find solutions to my motoring matters! In fact I have been here for 5 years this July and feel like part of a community and feel a good sense of rapport and camaraderie.

Last edited:

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
To be fair I haven't seen you comment on any of my posts in recent weeks.

There you go Sir...............Point made......

You don't need more money, you just paid to have it done right, if i sent a car out and it started playing about, i no the owner would have it straight back in and i would have to sort it, even if it was nothing to do with what i had done, the owner would still expect me to correct it..........

Last edited:
OP
C

Calumcco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
N/A
  • Banned
There you go Sir...............Point made......

You don't need more money, you just paid to have it done right, if i sent a car out and it started playing about, i no the owner would have it straight back in and i would have to sort it, even if it was nothing to do with what i had done, the owner would still expect me to correct it..........

But you hear these horror stories about unscrupulous outfits on watchdog and trading standards, etc, and me being naive and isolated with no father figure and no mechanical knowledge and then it puts a different perspective into the situation. :(

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
But you hear these horror stories about unscrupulous outfits on watchdog and trading standards, etc, and me being naive and isolated with no father figure and no mechanical knowledge and then it puts a different perspective into the situation. :(

Have you called the said garage???????

OP
C

Calumcco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
N/A
  • Banned
Have you called the said garage???????

No I haven't. Don't worry I will carry on as normal until the MOT and see that happens there on in.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.

'kin hell Calum. Your attempt at playing the violin doesn't wash. You have considerable mechanical knowledge given you gratis, in addition to offers of physical help in person from members on here; together with plenty of fathers (some of us don't have fathers ourselves) providing guidance for you.

Your naivety could be considered plain ignorance, or absolute stupidity. My late father would call it stupidity and would have taken the car off me.

Still, this thread will probably make 200 posts :D

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Thats your first mistake, you should have been on the phone the min they opened in the week, the longer you leave it gives the garage time to make an excuse, ( if they are a bad bunch ) if they are a good company they would have prob had you back in and had this prob sorted by now........

dozypillock

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 Elegance 2002 C209
as above. im willing to meet anyone anywhere and if calum needs help im willing to give the car a once over either on my own or with another forum member. itd be nice to hear about calum on these forums and not always his car disasters. can liase to meet anyone else or pick them up on the way

I am in Lancing, so just up the road. Happy to tag along, with a toolbox if need be.

Neil

Ricardo_e220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R170 SLK230k 1999
No I haven't. Don't worry I will carry on as normal until the MOT and see that happens there on in.

What the hell? You paid for a repair, things can go wrong - it's happened to us all, but stop burying your head in the sand, if you don't ask then any time limit for repairs will have gone....

Don't worry I won't mind if you as usual pay no heed to all the advice you are being given by people.....

Quote about trading standards. :

Under the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982, consumers have a right to complain if the service or repair work is not carried out with reasonable care and skill, in a reasonable time, and for a reasonable price.

Trading Standards will offer advice on what to do if you believe you have been the victim of substandard car repairs or servicing. They may also investigate the offending garage on your behalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom