Icarsoft MB V2 help

Sloss

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi BlueEFF AMG Sport Plus 5 Door Auto
I'm finding it difficult to find almost anything on my C 350 AMG Diesel estate with the above tool.

In Diagnostics I select C205223 which seems to be the correct vehicle and scan the modules.

I had both ABS and ESP warning light on but the Icarsoft did not find any fault codes.

As I was travelling from Aberdeen to Exeter I took it into the Mercedes dealer in Dundee and their kit found the OSF rpm sensor faulty and a couple of associated things. I was assured it was safe to continue my journey and, as they could not book it in on the day, I continued.

The faults went away at about Manchester and has not returned which amazed me!

Am I going about this properly? Should the Icarsoft read stored faults as well as active ones?

Any help appreciated

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
did you connect with ignition on ????
it should read your car, but you have to select the right vehicle, and use manual mode to go to the correct system. You must reply to the prompt correctly on the device, vehicle, right or left hand drive, derv or petrol etc etc.

Also, are you sure its a genuine device ?

OP
Sloss

Sloss

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes, it's genuine, I checked my serial with Icarsoft direct.

Ignition on and I've done all the right hand drive, diesel etc., etc.

Not sure what you mean by manual mode? Is that one module at a time?

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
yes.
I am surprised it will not work, as the one i have has high lighted parking sensor faults on parktronic. low battery fault as well as reading lots of values to help with other things.
It has also diagnosed a faulty temp sensor on wifes mini, and cleared the fault once i had replaced it. It also identified a steering angle sensor out of line.

Mercedes is an old one, 2003 ML270

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
If that’s all being done, the unit may be faulty. Have you had it long?

OP
Sloss

Sloss

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for the replied,

My son has been away all week with my car so once I get it back I'll try again to view faults and revert

OP
Sloss

Sloss

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I had another look at faults and Recorded them and exported to my PC.
Not much I understand
Here's what I got - doesn't mention anything about OSF sensor, in fact it doesn't make much sense to me just telling me it can't do anything.

I've got door lock problems......

Vehicle:
Customer:
Operator:
Date(D/M/Y):18/09/2018
========================================================================

BENZ_EN_TEST_00001>C(204)>Diesel engine>Right hand steering>204.225 - C 350 CDI Wagon>Manual>TCM - Transmission Control Module(Drive train CAN bus)>Read Fault Code:
Total Number : 1
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
D40A 1/1
State: Historic
No CAN data was received from control module N47-5(ESP and BAS control module)(171/203/209)or from control module N47-5(ESP control module)(164/219/251/216/221) or from control module N47-5(ESP, SPS [PML] and BAS control module)(211/215/220/230)or from control module Brake system

BENZ_EN_TEST_00001>C(204)>Diesel engine>Right hand steering>204.225 - C 350 CDI Wagon>Manual>DCM_FL - Door control module front left(Interior CAN bus)>Read Fault Code:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
990915 1/1
The output for actuator motor 'Additional door lock' has a malfunction. There is a short circuit to positive or an open circuit.

BENZ_EN_TEST_00001>C(204)>Diesel engine>Right hand steering>204.225 - C 350 CDI Wagon>Manual>DCM_FR - Door control module front right(Interior CAN bus)>Read Fault Code:
990915 1/1
The output for actuator motor 'Additional door lock' has a malfunction. There is a short circuit to positive or an open circuit.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
a quick look on the web says N47-5 is the ESP control module.... BAS (brake assist system) is also linked to vehicle speed, thus an error from a wheel speed sensor (ABS sensor) is a distinct possibility.

OP
Sloss

Sloss

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I was hoping the tool would have spelt all that out like the IID Tool did for my Land Rover. Maybe it's been too easy before.

As I said in the first post the MB Dealers kit pinned the fault down to OSF sensor, brilliant!

The fault has not reappeared as yet........

Thanks for you input guys

OP
Sloss

Sloss

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Nice spot

I'll upgrade the software and use C204223 which seems to be what the MB Star used.

That might just sort me out. Thanks again.

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
I have found that sometimes you need to use a MY above or below the one you are trying to read , my 221 is an 07 but some systems on MB11 I have to use 06 MY for the reader to work but it certainly should pin point the issue , it found a dodgy ABS sensor on the 221 without a problem

OP
Sloss

Sloss

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
All interesting points gents, thanks

I'll rerun the tool and see what I can find.

OP
Sloss

Sloss

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I rescanned the car after selecting the correct C204223 code.

It doesn't show any ABS/brake items as far as I can see but the door faults are visible.

I know it works now so thanks for the help.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom