IDLE VALVE??

Status
Not open for further replies.

emattioni

Reaction score
I own a 1991 300E...perfect in every aspect, but in the last few weeks she is having a problem: she will stall when idling and when stopping for some reason (i.e. traffic light!!) a friend said it could be the idle valve, infact I have dismantled and cleaned and it works fine for a day o two, but then is back to the same problem. Is anybody out there with the same problem?? any suggested solution??
thank you

OP
E

emattioni

Reaction score
Thanks....but what is a KE ???

Anonymous

Reaction score
I take it KE refers to the KE JETRONIC Fuel Injection system.... fitted to loads of different makes of cars...

Matt Crooke

Reaction score
White 190 speaketh the truth.

its the Bosch KE Jetronic system....as was fitted to early Orion 1.6 injections......what a sad fact to know.

Anonymous

Reaction score
Ha
KE fitted to loads of old ford 'motor' cars
I'm sure no one here would like to own any of them....

I never owned a 'performance' ford even though I spent many a day serviceing / fixing them...... My favourite 'party' workshop trick back in the day was to change the cam belt on a CVH motor blindfolded....Always had to check the pulleys afterwards to make sure they hadn't moved though.....

Matt Crooke

Reaction score
Steve, this is very true, although i did once have a 1985 1.3 model for 3 days......it was painful i tell you. Also the number 5 was missing of the gearstick......must have been a misprint im sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom