Importing 300CE

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevey163

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes 300CE
I currently live in Texas will buy 300CE which I intend to bring back to UK.
Any differences between US vs UK models aside from obvious?

If only minor differences I will buy cabrio or late model E320CE.
Is insurance more expensive for left hooker??

Spike

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 SL500
Insurance is more expensive - yes but I wouldnt like to guess the difference. Best bet is to get a few quotes before committing yourself.

Th biggest difference is that the lights on US models are horrible..... with many owners swapping to the Euro spec ones. You'll have to change the lights regardless to get the car through an MOT so I guess its immeterial.

A late 320 cabriolet will set you back serious money in the UK. Probably over £15k for a good one so maybe worth the effort importing one if the price difference is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom