In praise of Mecedes Benz and other stuff

SimonLa

Reaction score
Since 2002 I've had a 1999 W210 E300TD, I've posted on here a couple of times about the rust issues and generally been pretty disapointed with the cost and quality of MB Servicing,

In the summer I took the car in for a main dealer service and as the threads of rust were beginning to creep round all the usual places I raised the Mobilo life question. My car has 7 stamps, 6 main dealers and one independent (who I bought the car off). My local dealer phoned MB customer service and replaced the subframe within 48 hours. After taking lots of photos there was a few weeks pause and then a call from MB to book the car in for bodywork. Last week I dropped it off at the local dealer got a decent quality loan car. Today I got my car back and it looks perfect, no rust anywhere- fully valeted and more importantly not the hint of a bill.

So THANK YOU to Mercedes Benz, they stuck to their agreement with no fuss and have restored my faith in their integrity.

On another tack as the car is now looking good with only 84k miles and my faith is restored I'm contemplating trading in for A W124 Coupe and at the risk of being cheeky can anyone give me an idea of the MPG for the AMG 320 ? (1996), spotted just the nicest example the other day (80k miles/full history/£9k)and itching to buy......any basic advice would be much appreciated.

Reaction score
excellent news. Good to hear of a decision going the right way for once. Frankly that kind of thing bodes well for all of us that own Mercs. Who was the dealer who sorted it out?

OP
S

SimonLa

Reaction score
Local Dealer is McLean and Appleton in Macclesfield, Cheshire. Body shop that carried out the work is MB Direct in Manchester.

alexspurs61

Reaction score
SimonLa said:
Since 2002 I've had a 1999 W210 E300TD, I've posted on here a couple of times about the rust issues and generally been pretty disapointed with the cost and quality of MB Servicing,

In the summer I took the car in for a main dealer service and as the threads of rust were beginning to creep round all the usual places I raised the Mobilo life question. My car has 7 stamps, 6 main dealers and one independent (who I bought the car off). My local dealer phoned MB customer service and replaced the subframe within 48 hours. After taking lots of photos there was a few weeks pause and then a call from MB to book the car in for bodywork. Last week I dropped it off at the local dealer got a decent quality loan car. Today I got my car back and it looks perfect, no rust anywhere- fully valeted and more importantly not the hint of a bill.

So THANK YOU to Mercedes Benz, they stuck to their agreement with no fuss and have restored my faith in their integrity.

Anyone had any joy with a Warwickshire/West mids dealer on rust warranty claims? Mine's a '96 car and has a mix of Main Dealer and Indy stamps BUT I'm sufficiently brass-necked to give it a go!

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
ahh refreshing to hear a nice story, congratulations,

most of us owners are real sticklers and do nothing but complain (me included, lol)

i recently posted about how my local dealer chipped the wood on my w220 taking the panel out, i went in today and the chap was nice as pie, said no problem sir, we will get it orderd and replaced, i will let you know the outcome, touch wood (excuse the pun) it will be fine.

ps mb Nottingham

Juddian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124CE/1996/3199cc/LPG'd
Hi SimonLa glad you had such good fortune with your car. You asked about running costs on the 124 coupe, well lovely wife has 2 (1 coupe 1 estate) and gets around 25 mpg on normal running. Obviously it can get worse if she drives hard which is often, and it still shocks me the 80+ mph acceleration. We've got 3 124's and are very reluctant to change all have been very reliable. Do check insurance though cos the 320 coupe is group18 with most insurance companies. Check the rear window cos they are prone to fogging between the panes at the corners and its expensive. Also rear legroom and access is poor. Good luck...Brian

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom