Indicator Fault.

Bay Leaf

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 350 R231 2013
Help required. I have a 2013 SL 350 R231 when indicating right sometimes the dash light flashes quicker than o/s rear indicator ( the same scenario as a blown bulb ) but the lights are LED and all working correctly front and rear. I have checked and cleaned all connections to the light but the fault is still there intermittently. This fault happened on one of the MOT's and the tester brought it to my attention. However it didn't fail the MOT or even get an advisory as the rear indicator was working as it should and there was a light working on the dash. Apparently there is no flasher relay so I'm at a loss of what it could be.
Any idea's anyone.

ian lunn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B CLASS, E CLASS CONVERTABLE
Has it got indicator built into door mirror? I fitted a patern part unit in door mirror but the dash flash was fast, fitted genuine part which fixed it. the electronics detect the current draw and flags up fault if not enough or to much.

OP
Bay Leaf

Bay Leaf

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 350 R231 2013
Yes it does have the flasher in the mirrors but they are the originals and as I say its an intermittent fault it. There are no fault codes, and on the dash it will say rear indicator fault. If I put the hazard warning lights on everything works as it should .

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom