Insurance repair?

barnaclebill15

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk220cdi/2006/diesel
Just been rear ended in slow traffic, other car looks ok but my CLK rear bumper has a long crack on the top. Car is now 11 years old with 130k on the clock, It could be a DIY repair but I have to inform my insurance and repair costs will be on the other parties insurance, I am concerned that they may say proper repair in body shop with new bumper and hire car cost is not worth it due to age and value of the CLK.
Anyone had similar and with what outcome, the other driver admitted fault

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
As you were 'rear ended', the other driver didn't have much option than to admit fault. ;) Speak to the other insurer if needed & remember it's your car .... not theirs to write off. And don't let it out of your sight i.e. don't leave it in their yards for assessment.

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
make sure he admits it to his insurer , id get a 2nd hand bumper and have it swapped , his insurer may offer full cash settlement ? that's what im currently waiting for on my range rover which I will repair myself

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
They will attempt to write it off if the repair costs are astronomical, as they will be if you go to a 'big' bodyshop.
You will need to chat with the assessor and get his opinion as he will be making the decisions on behalf of the Insurance Co.
Try and find a decent Accident Management Co. and they will send 'their' assessor and he should work on your behalf.
If you go to your own Insurance company they will want to write the car off and your rights will be seriously curtailed.
Find other examples of your car, year, mileage and condition. and work on those figures for value. Also if you know any car sales garages then they can give you a valuation, as in, this is what we offered this for this vehicle. This will also help your case in a write off situation.
If they write off the vehicle you will have the choice to keep the vehicle and they will then value the salvage and deduct that amount from your pay out... You then buy a second hand bumper and get it painted if needed and fit it...Your car back, repaired and some money in your pocket.
If you go through your own Insurance company, and they want to write the vehicle off, then you wont be able to buy the car from them soo don't get them involved. Always go down the route of claiming off the other drivers Insurance.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom