Introductions etc

OP
S

SamNotts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class C240 W203
Sam

I would tread carefully buying a second hand alternator off ebay,spend the time on looking for someone who has sold loads of what you are buying for some considerable time,avoid the cheaper back bedroom types

If this is all is wrong with the car and with new battery then it sems wise to stick with it

There might be someone on here with better contacts than me that might have one

This time on a Friday a lot of members are travelling /school run/ going for early pint so wait until the morning to see what comes up

Cheers

That's sound advice, Kirbs. The car engine runs as sweet as a nut otherwise and will probably last a couple of years more if I get this right. I'm feeling pretty foolish right now for hastily splashing out on a new battery when the issue was the alternator.

Unfortuantely, the cost of going down the routes proposed by MB Nottingham, plus the battery I've already purchased would mean I'd have spent over £500, which I dont have at the moment due to an ongoing house move.

I'll take my time and research the options properly - ideally following a trusted link or contact suggested by someone in this forum.

Cheers.

stwat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1989 300SE
Could it just be worn brushes in the regulator ? They are usually cheap and easy to replace.

OP
S

SamNotts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class C240 W203
Could it just be worn brushes in the regulator ? They are usually cheap and easy to replace.

Is there a test for that? The report from the garage includes a DAS test, checks for actuations, actual values and codings pin tested wiring to alternator.

Would any of these tell if its the brushes in the regulator that are gone?

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom