iPod issue

Paolo sebastianelli

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B class
Hi All,

I have an a iPod mini, added it to my usb cable which in in my armrest. Display picked up the iPod and downloaded the music. A few albums have not downloaded and are showing up with a F letter followed by 2 numbers. When I click on the F letter there are no files to play. All other albums are good. Missing albums working fine on iPod.

Any ideas

I have a b class,

regards

Paolo

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
Apple's interpretation of what is and isn't software is quite unique - personally I call it Randomware, as it follows no sensible protocols and operates in random manners with all sorts or odd bugs foibles and oddities.

The issue you have on this device is perhaps the few odd tracks are of a format the car doesn't understand but the apple does? Alternately its just Apple doing what Apple does - AKA anything it fancies today, hence my terminology of "randomware"

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I think Botus is about right although I, personally, am a great Apple fan. I can only suggest you try to find out what those files or folder have in common which makes them unacceptable to the car.

What year is your car? My old 2010 car was quite fussy on such things but my current 2018 car is much more tolerant.

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
I have an iPod running off my USB in my 212 E350CDI. I must be lucky it plays all the tracks.

OP
P

Paolo sebastianelli

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B class
Thanks all, 2015 B class. I’ve just downloaded one of the faulty albums from Amazon music and added it the iPod and will check and see if that works in the morning. The albums that don’t work were added to iTunes via cd. But you could be all right and it’s just one of those things. 95% of the tracks work so shouldn’t complain, it’s just Sod’s law it’s the ones I really want that don’t .

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
OK so it sounds as if iTunes didn’t get all the information it needed when you added the CDs. You can view “Information” at Album and Track level in iTunes. On my Mac, I think you right click. There are a lot of different fields to populate and those albums must have the right info for the iPod but not for the car. Perhaps you can have a look at some and work out which fields need updating?

I have spent a good many OCD hours tidying up all the info on iTunes and I have quite a lot of my music which was originally in CD. 95% isn’t good enough for me either!

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
when ripping music in the old days the license info of whether or not it will play back was quite strict. then they eased off, brought back with a vengeance and I suspect with EU regs ratified a std ...trouble is its all a bit of a pickle

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
I rip all my info for my iPod away from the Apple std and back to the full fat .WAV, the place to find and change is a well hidden bit of fun within iTunes

nothing doesn't play on my old Merc via iPod

Rob76

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E280 CDI Sport
My Ipod Classic died some years ago - and then Apple decided to stop making them :(

I still use iTunes desktop for storage & filing, but sync it to android using a 128GB SDXC card and it works perfectly!!

OP
P

Paolo sebastianelli

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B class
Thanks all, downloaded album works from Amazon music, iTunes must of not had all the info to start with.

thanks for all your help.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
As I said, you can add the missing info to iTunes manually if that saves you buying further albums.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom