Key Fob Remote Locking Reprogramming Mercedes ML 270 W163 Auto 2002

13enzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Benz ML 270 cdi Auto W163 2002
Hi Guys
I went to open my car with the remote....NOT Working !!!
Opened the drivers door with the key and discovered the car battery was dead (flat car battery)
Tested the car battery, it was reading 7.1 Volts, so I let it charge up till it was reading 12.1Volts
Tried the remote key fob still did not work, tried putting new key fob batteries...still did not work...but when i turned the Ignition the car started up !!!!!
The key starts the car (so that means the chip in the fob, to start the car has not lost its programming) but the remote buttons do not actuate the central locking ????
How do you reprogram the fob for the car's central locking to start working again ???
Is there a sequence to this madness ?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Evening
Yes you're right and it needs a reset. I think (but not 100% on this) its a matter of putting your key in the ignition and turning to pos 1, then pressing lock/unlock on the key fob several times.Been a while since I did it.....
Windows working ok?

OP
13enzy

13enzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Benz ML 270 cdi Auto W163 2002
Evening
Yes you're right and it needs a reset. I think (but not 100% on this) its a matter of putting your key in the ignition and turning to pos 1, then pressing lock/unlock on the key fob several times.Been a while since I did it.....
Windows working ok?
will let you know about windows ....thanks

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom