Leak - Help!

cleancoupe

Reaction score
I have very nice 1987 107 300Sl but now the weather is poorer is taking in water. The car has spent much of it's life in the South of France so I think most of the seals have perished. I have replaced door seals, side window uprights, hood closing panel seal with no success. Any ideas? I thought with the better rust prevention in these later models that the plenum chamber corrosion would not apply, but is this right? Given the time it's spent aboroad I would not have expected this.
The car is used daily so I realy need to sort this before the real bad weather starts & I'd like to re-fit the carpets at some point!
Thanks for any suggestions.

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
Get down to Lidl right now

they have some car covers on sale. Buy one of the large ones, and one of the cockpit ones. You can then blank off bits of the car, while you try to find out which bits are leaking, by wttingthe unblanked bits Alternatively, get the car dry, get a friend with a low pressure hosepipe. You sit in the car, your friend playes the hosepipe up the car systematically and slowly. You check for leaks.
Off hand, I'd guess at windscreen seals, but it could be wing-to body as well.
Or it could just be coming up from underneath when you drive.

Good luck

Reaction score
help is at hand

there are two drains each side of the plenum chamber they will be full of leaves and stuff - lie on top of the engine reach into the tunnel were the gearbox is - there are two tubes that are drains about the size of hose pipes you need to bend and flex the tubes to break the debris up inside them, run watet into the vents below the windscreen to ensure these are clear - believe me if they are not the car ****es water in.

TA

Top Bottom