LHD C180K Sport Coupe - Headlights and Rear Fog Light

JMOA

Reaction score
Dear All,

I am looking for advice from MB experienced engineers or LHD car owners in the UK on changing the headlamps and the rear fog light.

I have imported from Germany my second left hand drive (LHD) brand new MB to the UK with the view that if in the near future we moved back to Spain I would not waste the investment.

My first import was a LHD E270 2003 W211 Avantgarde that was registered in the UK without any problem or change at the end of 2003 (Certificate of Conformity).

With my last import, a C Class 180 Kompressor Sport Coupe Evolution Panorama, the DVLA has turned down application saying the Certificate of Conformity is fine but it does not guarantee that the car is fit for the UK roads.

Therefore, I have to submit to the Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA) a written statement confirming a number of items have been fitted to the vehicle. The critical and probable the costly ones are:

1. The rear fog light has been fitted to the rear offside
2. The headlamps beam have been adjusted to dip left

Regarding the rear fog light, there is a mirroring bulb to the one currently doing the job in the near side, can anyone know if swaping both lights is a software change and not a 4 hour cabling exercise as a local dealer quoted me for the E270.

As far as the headlamps, the E270 came with a clever lever inside the headlamp housing that does the job. But I couldn't found it in the headlights of the C180K SC. Is there anyone who knows the specs in depth to tell me if I shoud find a lever in this case?

If the answer was negative, what would be the size/scope/cost of the change, would I need to replace both "whole headlamp units"?

Finally, are all the DVLA offices so peckish? the E270 went through the Portsmouth office and the C180K SC has gone through the Bornemouth-Poole office due to workload in the former one.

Are there any other alternatives or routes, option "B"s I would say, considering my children will start the new shool year in Spain.

Many thanks in advance

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It would be better if you could put up the fiirst 6 numbers of VIN to identify the car.

Malcolm

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom