Looking to buy a B Class Advice please

back marker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ml270 / 2.7TD / 2004
Merc B Class 2.0 B180 CDI sport. 2010

Is this engine used in other cars, searching for serious reliability issues?
I can't find anything but it's hard just to find an engine model number or anything specific.

Please advise...

Hi I've been reading so much technical spec about Audi A3's and BMW X3's my eyes are sore... I dare not touch an Audi or BMW right now.. DPF, Emissions issues, cam chain failures, Oil use age what a mine field. They are rated very low on reliability, among the worst.

I recently bought an older ML for my self as a general run around. Now I need an additional car for a family member. I think this best suit the needs at the moment.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
Its used in the A and B class models only. They arent bad engines, but for any serious rework like water pumps and some stuck glow plugs its engine out everytime. They arent the easiest things to work on.

The later W246 is a much improved model.

Personally, the C Class estate would be a much better purchase.

Last edited:
OP
B

back marker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ml270 / 2.7TD / 2004
We went to look at one today, of all the Merc models I think this (particular one) had the lowest quality interior and very basic looking instruments.
The (diesel) engine had a very commercial sound. Not what I expected..

Shame as handling, suspension etc were all fine. I'm not keen on the (B Class) shape personally but it's not for me.

Not looking at the B Class anymore. I think the Newer shape A class would be the best car in this instance but I think we will be looking at other cars.

Thank you for the response.

Last edited:

bertg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class 2013
Looking To Buy a b Class

We went to look at one today, of all the Merc models I think this (particular one) had the lowest quality interior and very basic looking instruments.
The (diesel) engine had a very commercial sound. Not what I expected..

Shame as handling, suspension etc were all fine. I'm not keen on the (B Class) shape personally but it's not for me.

Not looking at the B Class anymore. I think the Newer shape A class would be the best car in this instance but I think we will be looking at other cars.

Thank you for the response.

Apologies if i've jumped on this a bit late,
We have a 2013 b180 sport petrol and it's been fantastic, i test drove the Diesel and it was ****** awful. The petrol engine with a Manual gearbox just makes perfect sense and when the turbo kicks it moves!!

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom