Lower Suspesion etc

len_merclover

Reaction score
Hi All

I have an E270 2003 Advan. Can someone please give me some insight to the suspension on my car? Is this lowered? Am I able to lower the back slighlty? the front seems more than the back

Thanks
Len

darrenb1707

Reaction score
Hi All

I have an E270 2003 Advan. Can someone please give me some insight to the suspension on my car? Is this lowered? Am I able to lower the back slighlty? the front seems more than the back

Thanks
Len

All Avantgarde models come with suspension approx 20mm lower and 20% stiffer than the equivalent Elegance models.

Before you look at changing springs, you may want to look into the rubber cups that sit between the top of the spring and the car. These have a number of notches on them (they range from 1 notch to 5 notches with each notch equivalent to about 5mm) and you can purchase new cups from MB. I've read on the forum that they are about £6 each.

Hope this helps. :)

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
I think Avantgarde models use the lowest cups already

hmang

Reaction score
i thought the slightly lower front end was standard on the avantgarde...to give it a sporty look.

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Still worth checking that you have the correct Avantguarde rubber cups fitted as they may have been changed, by a previous owner.

Bryann

Reaction score
I have C class Avantgarde with sport suspension, this is approx 20mm lower on back end than standard Advantgarde suspension.

Top Bottom