M113 Supercharger

SteveX

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've been laying the foundations over the past few months to upgrade the 55 to a 63 in 12 months time, however, on looking over the past couple of months 63 cabs are in short supply, and the only few I have seen have been black (and I hate the 63's alloys). So I started wondering what else could be done with my budget.

The primary reason for a 63 is the extra power from the engine. I don't think the 63 offers anything else that mine doesn't have. I love the Designo varicoloured paint my 55 has, I live the wheels, the Designo leather, and it is fully specd out and has the larger AMG performance package brakes / calliper combo which I understand is better than some of the stock 63 models.

I figured in a PX deal I am looking at around 10k to change hands, possibly a little more. The few I have seen seem to run around 22k.

I researched a lot on the capabilities and options on tuning my existing 55 to take it towards 63 heights, and it seems the only option is the Kleeman.

However, even looking on CKS website, it doesn't fill me with confidence. It does state 'special training will be required on some amg applications'. I don't fan t something of this magnitude being someone's trial run!

I can't seem to find any information on any owners or tuning companies in the uk that have actually done this conversion and can do it with confidence. Are any of you guys aware?

I don't race my car around, to be honest it's a lovely crusing car, I do blow the cobwebs out once a week-ish, but I guess it's knowing there is something better out there in the clk range that makes me want to change and get the best model out there while I can.

That said, my car with its look and options already feels a little exclusive to me and If I had a supercharged beast where performance was on par or similar to a 63 I think it would be even more unique. Plus I'd still have some change (kit seems to be available for 7k + say 1500 for fitting).

There is however the issue of mileage, she's just clocked 80k.

Thoughts and advice appreciated!

Cheers

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Have a word with the tuning guys on here, I have always had littler faith in CKS

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
The Kleemann systems do require knowledge and special tools for installation! I personally would not go for a system unless the vehicle is a spare and willing to give the time off the road that a "Project" vehicle would under go! On the other hand tuning options for the C63 AMG is good! The 450bhp model we can easily achieve 515bhp just through software and the next stages would be long tube headers and sorting induction which would get you to 550bhp. So it all depends on how far you would like to go!

Regards

Anthony @ GAD

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
You could try talking to Olly at PCS near Portsmouth, I believe he is a Kleeman outlet, and he has fitted a supercharger to his C43 (55 Engine fitted), together with water injection, he may even be able to source a different make supercharger as he offered one to me for my AMG but funds were lacking at the time.

Last edited:

Bolide

Reaction score
Website
www.w124.co.uk
Your Mercedes
BMW 525 Diesel Touring
Bear in mimd that any "investment" you make in modifications will be lost when you sell the car. Modified cars generally are less valuable than standard ones

Nick Froome

WG M-B

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
Bear in mimd that any "investment" you make in modifications will be lost when you sell the car. Modified cars generally are less valuable than standard ones

Nick Froome

I do not agree with this. A supercharged c43 would be worth more than a standard car IMO. A 209 with a supercharger conversion ( done properly ) would be snapped up for very good money. You may not always recover the investment, but that clk with a supercharged conversion would be worth more than a standard car

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
I thought about this a bit when I got my 210 and came to the conclusion that it just wasnt worth it.

For me at least, the next model up is the same engine with the supercharger. To add a Kleemann supercharger would be 3-4K for the kit + the labour (which I would do myself, but isnt a small feat!)

For the Kleemann kit it also required that the ECU be sent off to Kleemann HQ to be remapped, although im sure this could be done by a company in the UK.

In my eyes, I am putting the money towards a nice 211 in a few years time.

OP
SteveX

SteveX

Reaction score
Cheers for the info guys.

I'll drop PCS a line to get N idea of what they can offer.

As a side note, anyone know a reputable rolling road equipped Mercedes tuner in the south west?

I also appreciate I won't recoup the money spent, but I'd certainly want a premium for my car over others if / when it came to selling. Bug if I did goths route the intent would obviously be to keep it for the foreseeable.

The 63 has a special engine which is why I am attracted to it, but I'd it offers nothing more than the extra power the this as an alternative could be a consideration :)

Cheers

OP
SteveX

SteveX

Reaction score
Typo city, fat fingers on my phone sorry!

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
Are PCS not UK agents for Renntech?......who I believe are essentially USA based ex AMG people so presumably know the M113 unit very well.

Incidentally based on your signature I think your 209 absolutely looks the business.

Mic

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I thought about this a bit when I got my 210 and came to the conclusion that it just wasnt worth it.

For me at least, the next model up is the same engine with the supercharger. To add a Kleemann supercharger would be 3-4K for the kit + the labour (which I would do myself, but isnt a small feat!)

For the Kleemann kit it also required that the ECU be sent off to Kleemann HQ to be remapped, although im sure this could be done by a company in the UK.

In my eyes, I am putting the money towards a nice 211 in a few years time.

I think the Kleeman charger is a bit more than that, 6-8k, I have the installation instructions and to be honest it seems very straight forward, the skill required is in the setting up.
PCS are definitely a Renntech supplier, and as I said in my previous post I believe a Kleeman supplier now, as well as other performance part manufacturers, and having fitted a supercharger to his 113 V8, he is the best person to advise on fitting a charger, indeed any performance mod on these engines.

Last edited:

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think the Kleeman charger is a bit more than that, 6-8k, I have the installation instructions and to be honest it seems very straight forward, the skill required is in the setting up.
PCS are definitely a Renntech supplier, and as I said in my previous post I believe a Kleeman supplier now, as well as other performance part manufacturers, and having fitted a supercharger to his 113 V8, he is the best person to advise on fitting a charger, indeed any performance mod on these engines.

You are correct, I was thinking of second hand prices as finding them new is very difficult I believe.

Yeah it's not too bad, although I hear the intercooler is too small for the kit.

Sent from a mobile device

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The intercooler is part of the charger itself, and sits in the V of the engine, the size of the intercooler is,nt really a problem, but due to its size and location it may limit the boost available.
There are other chargers available with separate intercoolers, but then you have the problem of locating it in a suitable place in the car.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The intercooler is part of the charger itself, and sits in the V of the engine, the size of the intercooler is,nt really a problem, but due to its size and location it may limit the boost available.
There are other chargers available with separate intercoolers, but then you have the problem of locating it in a suitable place in the car.

True, it's not all that hard in the pursuit of 500+ bhp :) :)

Sent from a mobile device

Alps

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 E63s S213, SOLD - 2013 Weistec E63 AMG, SOLD - 2004 E55 (x2)
not any 64 supercharged conversions in the uk that i am aware of, US has a few.

PCS and MSL prob could do it, as others have said it may be off the road for a while, and it would be a first so expect additional costs other than just the supercharger and labour as things will go wrong or need upgrading thta were unexpected.

personally i wouldnt do it unless you have plenty of spare cash and a spare car!.

OP
SteveX

SteveX

Reaction score
Cheers guys. So does anyone know the best mb tuner equipped with a RR?

OP
SteveX

SteveX

Reaction score
Are PCS not UK agents for Renntech?......who I believe are essentially USA based ex AMG people so presumably know the M113 unit very well.

Incidentally based on your signature I think your 209 absolutely looks the business.

Mic

I didn't know that. I have heard renntech are popular in the states.

Thanks for comment on the car :)

OP
SteveX

SteveX

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've dropped PCS a line about options so will see what they have to say.

Someone else also recommended DMS Auto to me, any feedback on here?

Thanks,

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
DMS good, with a remap and bigger crank pulley (with other pulleys slimmed down to allow it all to fit) OK for approx 570 bhp I believe, and a cheaper option to boot.
One of my customers has had his SL55K DMS conversion for 4 or 5 (or 6, it passes so quickly) years and very happy with it.

The M113K engine is fantastic, and very strong,with lots of potential (as fitted to the SLR for instance, in M155 guise, but still basically the same engine) - much better than the 63 engine, that eats itself :shock:

OP
SteveX

SteveX

Reaction score
DMS good, with a remap and bigger crank pulley (with other pulleys slimmed down to allow it all to fit) OK for approx 570 bhp I believe, and a cheaper option to boot.
One of my customers has had his SL55K DMS conversion for 4 or 5 (or 6, it passes so quickly) years and very happy with it.

The M113K engine is fantastic, and very strong,with lots of potential (as fitted to the SLR for instance, in M155 guise, but still basically the same engine) - much better than the 63 engine, that eats itself :shock:

Interesting thanks, what's the issue with the 63 engine?

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom