M113 Supercharger

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
My bad, thought this was an SL55, not a n/a CLK55!

A different proposition, and a lot more money than a remap and pulley.
As above, a bolt on blower is the way forward, with no cheap options.

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Interesting thanks, what's the issue with the 63 engine?

The M156 has a reputation for snapping head bolts, wearing away cam lobes and followers, and I believe, wearing bores and blocks.

The M113 engine, however, has a reputation for being very durable indeed!

OP
SteveX

SteveX

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys and SavMan, very nice offer indeed!

I wouldn't mind some info on a potential shopping list and costs if you have a few minutes spare.

I am a little distracted though, as at the moment my car isn't going anywhere, ****** thing let me down today, suspect failed CPS, so hopefully nothing major.

Cheers!

OP
SteveX

SteveX

Reaction score
There is a Lorinser K50 supercharger for sale on MBWorld right now :lol:

Nice find, PM sent to the chap.

I assume the plenum and charger / pulley's will be ok for all M113?

I really need to find a shopping list and some more info on what I am getting myself into though, I have a habbit of impulse buying which could land me getting a load of stuff that won't go together and sits around in the garage lol.

Cheers!

OP
SteveX

SteveX

Reaction score
Well I was pretty excited about your find, noticed he was still online for a while and kept refreshing, but no response or PM yet and he has gone offline, I guess I will get some sleep and see what comes through tomorrow.

I tried searching around on line, but Lorinser K50 Supercharger yields next to no results on google - was just trying to research the blower a bit and see how and what they were originally fitted to.

Anyhow, thanks very much for your help, and I'll let you know the response I get :cool:

OP
SteveX

SteveX

Reaction score
I am quite excited about this and in talks with the chap, shipping sounds reasonable too.

I've dropped Lorinser a mail to see what other parts are required to complete the kit and compatibility with a MY 2005 CLK55.

There's lots to think about now, cooling springs to mind and a few other things.

The manifold looks square which is odd, I am assuming it either requires joiner pipes to reach the intake ports on the V or it is angled underneath and I can't see it in the picture. As I said, there is very little information on it online.

Need to do some research on compression ratios and a safe level of boost too, although so much more to think about including cooling and tuning.

I'm guessing my ECU doesn't have the ability to read a MAP sensor, as it uses a MAF, not sure how to get around that, need to read up.

Also injectors, I need to find out what flow the stock ones are good for, and it bigger are needed, I don't want the duty cycle to be through the roof on the stock ones, need to make sure whatever is on there can cope.

Anyhow, hopefully the wheels are now in motion!

Cheers

Last edited:
OP
SteveX

SteveX

Reaction score
Just saw the intake ports run flat and vertical across the head, nice. Haven't had the need to take the manifold off on the CLK so haven't seen under it.

My other V's the manifolds were mounted at 45 degree angles.

Cheers,

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Beyond the physical installation (charge cooler, and charge cooler cooler and pump, or intercooler as well as pulleys etc), the fueling and integration with the other systems is the biggest headache.
I doubt your N/A ECU could be used (it does have a MAP sensor btw), but if it could, that would give least issues with integration on the car...find someone else's similar/same project and borrow their hard earned experience!
Regards the transmission - have you checked the torque rating of the current 'box?

OP
SteveX

SteveX

Reaction score
Beyond the physical installation (charge cooler, and charge cooler cooler and pump, or intercooler as well as pulleys etc), the fueling and integration with the other systems is the biggest headache.
I doubt your N/A ECU could be used (it does have a MAP sensor btw), but if it could, that would give least issues with integration on the car...find someone else's similar/same project and borrow their hard earned experience!
Regards the transmission - have you checked the torque rating of the current 'box?

Thanks Alex.

You raise some interesting points, as from SavMan's post it sounds like even the weistec system proved difficult to get running / tuned correctly.

Providing I do the correct research, get all the pieces of the puzzle, bolting it all on shouldn't be too much of an issue, but yes, getting it running right sounds like where the headache could be.

There is the issue that this car is my daily driver, and I think a plug and play solution would be too much to ask for even with all of the research and planning in the world, so I may also need to factor in a temporary daily driver.

Re the box, I haven't but I thought the five speed tranny of this age was generic and used broadly across many higher powered models until they made the seven speed able to cope?

Cheers,

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Re the box, I haven't but I thought the five speed tranny of this age was generic and used broadly across many higher powered models until they made the seven speed able to cope?

Cheers,

The box is generic, to a degree, but the higher power cars do have a version with a higher torque rating - more clutch plates and some wider gears I believe.

OP
SteveX

SteveX

Reaction score
The box is generic, to a degree, but the higher power cars do have a version with a higher torque rating - more clutch plates and some wider gears I believe.

It's a 722.636 according to WIS ASRA NET

Can't find the peak figures right now though. Will have a dig around in a bit and see what I can find.

OP
SteveX

SteveX

Reaction score
Apparently .633 is standard .636 is AMG version. Doesn't help me with figures though.

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
They are both rated at 580nm.
Most 55 kompressor applications use the 722.643 (for which I have no figures), but the 722.636 was also used on some.
As far as I can see, 580nm is the max rating for any of the 722.6 'boxes.

So in short, It seems the 'box should be up to 55K power (circa 500bhp) at least.

Alps

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 E63s S213, SOLD - 2013 Weistec E63 AMG, SOLD - 2004 E55 (x2)
I'm sure it will be fine with the power, a custom remap will defo be on the cards

OP
SteveX

SteveX

Reaction score
They are both rated at 580nm.
Most 55 kompressor applications use the 722.643 (for which I have no figures), but the 722.636 was also used on some.
As far as I can see, 580nm is the max rating for any of the 722.6 'boxes.

So in short, It seems the 'box should be up to 55K power (circa 500bhp) at least.

Spot on thanks for digging that out :) Very useful info to have on the forum.

OP
SteveX

SteveX

Reaction score

You're a legend, thanks for all of the really useful info today and taking time out to chat to me for over an hour on the phone.

Lots of food for thought and I'll see what I get back from the seller and Lorinser.

I'll definitely keep in touch about the plan for the car.

Thanks again.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom