M156 2010 - is it the dreaded headbolt issue?

cramorra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 performance pack (w204) pre facelift 2010, C43 convertible (A205) my lucky wife
I had little trouble with my c 63 over the last 5 years nothing apart from servicing really hence I let the warranty expire this year
banghead.gif

Since then command screen doesn't close
Battery probably dying...
Now first time since I own car coolant low- and yes my car is pre facelift....
Am I paranoid or should I get the compression checked?...

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Top it up and start worrying if happens again in a short space of time...

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
If you have a friendly MoT tester, get him to use his exhaust analyser to "sniff" in the neck of the coolant reservoir with the cap off and the engine running. Any hint of hydrocarbons (the display reads in parts-per-million) and you have a problem.

OP
C

cramorra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 performance pack (w204) pre facelift 2010, C43 convertible (A205) my lucky wife
If you have a friendly MoT tester, get him to use his exhaust analyser to "sniff" in the neck of the coolant reservoir with the cap off and the engine running. Any hint of hydrocarbons (the display reads in parts-per-million) and you have a problem.

This is one to try... thanks a lot

OP
C

cramorra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OP
C

cramorra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Good advice here already has anybody had any personal experience with the problem especially if MB showed any goodwill in if so how much
Thx

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom