Maf's and eccon. W210. ?

HERBIEMERCMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97. E300.TD. 7 SEAT.ELEGANCE. EST.TOYOTA SUPRA MK4. RS. VAUX. CORSA.GLS AUTO. SPORT.
hi everyone, i have a 97 e-300 td est. with 197 k on clock, smooth running, very quick when needed etc, BUT some months back i had a rough running problem caused by a loose turbo boost pipe, but during the investigation a "piersburg" new MAF was fitted and as i now realise my bosche MAF was perfectly ok.
i would like it back, but it has gone, it has, and is costing me 4mpg, or 68 miles per tank. i can live with this, but i would love to know why the two MAFs vary?, they are both manufactured by reputable german companies, and i am advised that dronsfields of oldham use nothing else, much prefering the "piersburg" product.
any one else had any experience with this ? herbiehttp://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=11568&stc=1&d=1277739495mercman.

Attachments

• MERC NEW WHEELS 011209. 006.jpg
    MERC NEW WHEELS 011209. 006.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 6

dieselman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A diesel
The different MAF have different output characteristics, not least because the Bosch MAF outputs an analogue signal and the Pierburg a chopped one.
The Pierburg will output slightly lower for a given air mass.

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
So, will the Pierburg increase fuel consumption?

dieselman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A diesel
So, will the Pierburg increase fuel consumption?
It shouldn't really, but the engine will output slightly less torque, so there is a possibility the ECU will hold lower gears for longer. It's probably a bit theoretical though.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom