Manifesto links

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Agreed though one has more of what I want than the other two.

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
Can't say I am impressed with any of them. I've always been a Tory voter in general elections but I really don't agree with a lot of the things in this manifesto, but don't like the other two either. It's a worry :(

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
I'm in my mid 70's, Lyn and always voted Tory (but on the basis that it was usually the best of a lousy choice).
- We vote by post (already done) and for the first time in my life I did not vote Tory (no I didn't vote for UKIP or Corbyn's lot!).

- I don't want my Prime Minister to be in charge of a government that:
  • Closes prenatal wards (it's about an hour by car to the county hospital - great for a woman who's six months along!) and
  • Closes paediatric-emergency wards (we just had the first child death because of it)... and...
  • Takes away allowances from people who genuinely can't work through medical conditions (we had a whole front page in our local rag about some local woman - it seemed to be totally defenseless).
  • The same shower have taken mobility vehicles away from 50,000 people:
http://www.itv.com/news/border/2017-04-12/thousands-lose-cars-due-to-change-in-disability-benefits/

Yes - 50,000!
Here my view is double sided - if they really weren't qualified to have them, they were issued by this "efficient" government in the first place! But if they need them and can't afford an alternative it's very right wing/disgraceful to do this.​
Meanwhile she talks about wanting to set right "injustices".
- We've already paid for the bankers fiasco.
- No more thank you.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I'm in my mid 70's, Lyn and always voted Tory (but on the basis that it was usually the best of a lousy choice).
- We vote by post (already done) and for the first time in my life I did not vote Tory (no I didn't vote for UKIP or Corbyn's lot!).

- I don't want my Prime Minister to be in charge of a government that:
  • Closes prenatal wards (it's about an hour by car to the county hospital - great for a woman who's six months along!) and
  • Closes paediatric-emergency wards (we just had the first child death because of it)... and...
  • Takes away allowances from people who genuinely can't work through medical conditions (we had a whole front page in our local rag about some local woman - it seemed to be totally defenseless).
  • The same shower have taken mobility vehicles away from 50,000 people:
http://www.itv.com/news/border/2017-04-12/thousands-lose-cars-due-to-change-in-disability-benefits/

Yes - 50,000!
Here my view is double sided - if they really weren't qualified to have them, they were issued by this "efficient" government in the first place! But if they need them and can't afford an alternative it's very right wing/disgraceful to do this.​
Meanwhile she talks about wanting to set right "injustices".
- We've already paid for the bankers fiasco.
- No more thank you.

I hope Tim appreciates your vote.

geraldrobins

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class/2011/200cdi

I would like to know the full details of this issue as It hasnt been announced yet. currently you are only allowed to keep about £15,000, before paying for you care. If you have more you have to contribute or pay including selling your home. Now you can keep £100,000. There will be some winners and some losers perhaps.
Regarding triple lock this only applies to the basic state pension and not earnings related or deferred pension which surprised me.

OP
Yugguy

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
This really ****es me off, that I should work hard, save, invest, only to have to give it away where someone else can spend their life ****ing it up the wall and get looked after too.

The ****ing govt gets enough of my money, I'll find some way of not giving them my house as well.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
This really ****es me off, that I should work hard, save, invest, only to have to give it away where someone else can spend their life ****ing it up the wall and get looked after too.

The ****ing govt gets enough of my money, I'll find some way of not giving them my house as well.
[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you. I'm now at the time of my life where I have saved some money for those "rainy days" but I struggle now to get 1% interest so (with thanks to the Arkangel Farage) due to inflation it's going down in value with worse to come.

And now the cow from No 10 wants to cut my pension (and the heat allowance). But Mrs Maybe will Just About Manage on her £141K salary and £-expenses plus housing (that allows her to let out her property) then there's her MPs pension (which is a damned sight more than mine!) .

If she happened to lose her job she'd do very nicely as well:
All ousted MPs are given a pay out called a 'resettlement payment' worth a month of salary for every year as an MP up to a maximum of six months. This amounts to £33,000 for an MP who has served six years or more - around £28,000 for one who was voted in in 2010. What's more, the first £30,000 is tax free as all redundancy packages are - even though technically MPs have not been made redundant.

But your problem though is you might not have a chance to find a way round it... If you go gaga you might not even know about it! And your children etc will have to pay by law. Thank heavens my MIL (who did go into alzheimer's and dementia ) wasn't aware when I had to use her money to pay for her care. - But it was worse for my wife (seeing her mum go downhill) than it was for her.

But of course, as we are all living longer the bill for pensions and care is going up. And today's politicians are having to face up to the lack of attention by their lazy predecessors. Elderly care was expensive 20, 30 or more years ago but deaths balanced out the numbers and nobody ever took the subject seriously. They could have imposed a 1% tax from the day you started work in order to provide some sort of cushion but as always they do nothing until it's a crisis situation.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom