Many PH Neutral car shampoos for sale. Some contain Carnauba Wax, Orange Oil. Does this matter or make a difference when used on a ceramic coated car?

Brian23

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
EClass
There are many PH Neutral car shampoos for sale. Some contain Carnauba Wax, Orange Oil. Does this matter or make a difference when used on a ceramic coated car? Which is the best TYPE? NOT MAKE, as everyone has a favourite.

Last edited:

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
It can be a nightmare choosing the correct products as you suggest and, again as you suggest, everyone has their own preference.

I've used Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo for many years now and it's widely available from the usual places, even Halfords stock it, which makes it simple to get hold of. I usually check Amazon as they quite often have sales on, so worth a look. In fact I've just checked and it's on for £13.90 at the moment for the 1.89 litre container which is a pretty good deal. It's also very simple to use, just put a capful or two in a bucket of warm water and, using your favourite wash mitt, away you go. :)

Other makes are available obviously, in fact you can now buy shampoos specifically designed for ceramic coated cars albeit at over three time the price of normal shampoos, but I'll be sticking with this Meg's stuff for a bit longer yet. I still have 2 bottles of it and I'm in no rush to change.

Have a look on www.detailingworld.co.uk for many tips and tricks but be prepared to spend a while there...

OP
B

Brian23

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
EClass
It can be a nightmare choosing the correct products as you suggest and, again as you suggest, everyone has their own preference.

I've used Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo for many years now and it's widely available from the usual places, even Halfords stock it, which makes it simple to get hold of. I usually check Amazon as they quite often have sales on, so worth a look. In fact I've just checked and it's on for £13.90 at the moment for the 1.89 litre container which is a pretty good deal. It's also very simple to use, just put a capful or two in a bucket of warm water and, using your favourite wash mitt, away you go. :)

Other makes are available obviously, in fact you can now buy shampoos specifically designed for ceramic coated cars albeit at over three time the price of normal shampoos, but I'll be sticking with this Meg's stuff for a bit longer yet. I still have 2 bottles of it and I'm in no rush to change.

Have a look on www.detailingworld.co.uk for many tips and tricks but be prepared to spend a while there...
Thank you. I have seen on sites that you should use a snow foam attachment to a pressure washer to apply the soap and then a soft Mit to clean. Sooooo many different methods. I was mainly concerned about the Carnauba Wax and Orange Oil. Is this good or bad?

monty1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c207 e220d coupe 2011
Thank you. I have seen on sites that you should use a snow foam attachment to a pressure washer to apply the soap and then a soft Mit to clean. Sooooo many different methods. I was mainly concerned about the Carnauba Wax and Orange Oil. Is this good or bad?
snow foam is not intended to be used like car shampoo, you can put shampoo in the the foam cannon and put it on the car then wash it, the whole idea of snowfoam is to break down the grime and crap to make it easier to clean before you do the contact wash

OP
B

Brian23

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
EClass
snow foam is not intended to be used like car shampoo, you can put shampoo in the the foam cannon and put it on the car then wash it, the whole idea of snowfoam is to break down the grime and crap to make it easier to clean before you do the contact wash
Thank you. A bit weird though. It is only car washing. lol.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP

That’s the idea they sell, the real reason is to add some theatre to the process of washing

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom