MBO MEMBERS WARRANTY - WARRANTYWISE

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
It's very difficult to compare scope of coverage as you tend not to think about the things that aren't mentioned!

However a couple of things jump out at me re WW:
1) It appears there's a £2000 limit per claim (WD have no such limit) and it also appears that for MultiMedia the claim limit is £1K. MB's COMAND system costs £3K from a dealer and it can just fail - that was one of the main reasons I took a policy on my car.
2) The blurb says the car must be serviced every 12mths - many MB (and other cars too) can run to 2yrs between services.

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
Hi all

We have posted this link already but just in case anyone missed - http://www.warrantywise.co.uk/car-warranty/how-we-compare/ - The common request we're getting here is to provide a direct comparison with our competition, with examples. This table provides such a comparison.

Let's cut to the chase on this thread - your competitor is Warranty Direct and no amount of "comparative" tables full of innuendo will gain you any ground whatsoever. The very first row is factually incorrect, on which basis the rest of the table is worthless.

The key differences with our warranty are as follows:

A good example to discuss is our stance on betterment. If your car's condition or value improves as a result of repair, we require no contribution from you. Other warranties may only pay a certain percentage of the parts cost after the vehicle has reached a certain age or mileage. It's worth checking your documentation to see how you are covered in terms of betterment if you're not with Warrantywise.

See my earlier comment

Another example is consequential failure ie one part fails causing the failure of another part. This is also classed as the domino effect. Warrantywise customers are covered for this. I'd like to relate this to the oil seals query previously discussed in this thread. A CDI Turbo Inlet was mentioned, in relation to it leaking oil on to the swirl flap motor. Oil seals are included when causing a major oil leak (dripping oil) necessitating immediate replacement of the part in question. Now, if said oil leak from one part caused the failure of another part, as in this individual case, the part affected would be covered under our consequential damage terms. This would also apply to the other case mentioned in this thread, where the ECU on 7G gearboxes is damaged, caused by an oil leak. The leak itself wouldn’t be covered but the part damaged as a consequence of said leak would be.
It’s prudent to mention at this stage how it is always the customer’s responsibility to correctly service and maintain their vehicle, in line with the manufacturer’s recommendations. I have no qualms whatsoever that you all go over and above on keeping your prospective vehicles in tip top shape.

Once again, innuendo - "Warrantywise customers are covered for this." the implication being no other warranty company will cover this. Incorrect

Another key difference with Warrantywise is the way we operate. We are classed as a service and maintenance warranty plan, rather than mechanical breakdown insurance. Historically we operated as a self funded coverholder at Lloyd’s of London, but are now independent, still utilising the same underwriting model required by Lloyds and ticking all the boxes required by the FSA. As a service provider we are now permitted to operate as a VAT registered firm. The benefit of this for our customers is that we don’t have to pass the costs associated with operating on an insured basis. We have no parent insurer to compensate, or IPT to pay, and can reclaim VAT on our overheads etc. We operate on a completely discretionary basis, ensuring you receive a fair and equitable resolution to every request you make. Standard insurers need to control their cost base easily, and policy wording can be dubious to say the least.

Useless information

This link goes in to more detail concerning how we operate: http:// www.warrantywise.co.uk/about-us/how-we-operate/

We yesterday published our most recent happy customer feedback. Feel free to take a look: http://www.warrantywise.co.uk/happy/

I look forward to your questions!

Cheers
Rick – Online Marketing Manager, Warrantywise

Rick - I'm sure this has been asked already - please produce a table that shows your top policy and that of Warranty Direct. Please include what is covered and what is not (for both). If that table is convincing in your favour, all well and good. If it is not, then my advice is to stop digging.

Yours as ever the cynic

OP
W

Warrantywise

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MERCEDES SL900
It's very difficult to compare scope of coverage as you tend not to think about the things that aren't mentioned!

1) It appears there's a £2000 limit per claim (WD have no such limit) and it also appears that for MultiMedia the claim limit is £1K. MB's COMAND system costs £3K from a dealer and it can just fail - that was one of the main reasons I took a policy on my car.
2) The blurb says the car must be serviced every 12mths - many MB (and other cars too) can run to 2yrs between services.
Hi Rory

I empathise with you, it can be a minefield at times.

We don't have a £2,000 limit per claim. The standard single repair limit is £5,000, but you can increase or decrease this to suit your requirements/budget. This will alter the price of your quote accordingly. The maximum repair limit for the period of the plan is up to the value of the vehicle. If the car value falls below £5,000, the single and maximum repair limits default to that value.

To comply with our warranty, servicing must adhere to the manufacturers recommendations. If the car is on a long life service plan that would be to the manufacturers recommendation, and therefore all tickety boo with us.

This is what the plan book states:

''This Plan will not apply to any Part which has not
received the correct servicing within the last 12
months or 10,000 miles or any other period
recommended by the manufacturer''

2 year service plans would come under 'any other period' mentioned above.

Hope this clears this up for you.

Thanks

OP
W

Warrantywise

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MERCEDES SL900
Let's cut to the chase on this thread - your competitor is Warranty Direct and no amount of "comparative" tables full of innuendo will gain you any ground whatsoever. The very first row is factually incorrect, on which basis the rest of the table is worthless.

See my earlier comment

Once again, innuendo - "Warrantywise customers are covered for this." the implication being no other warranty company will cover this. Incorrect

Useless information

Rick - I'm sure this has been asked already - please produce a table that shows your top policy and that of Warranty Direct. Please include what is covered and what is not (for both). If that table is convincing in your favour, all well and good. If it is not, then my advice is to stop digging.

Yours as ever the cynic
We were asked to highlight the key differences with our warranty. This is what we have done. Quoting 'useless information' when referring to our operating model is insulting. Useless to you perhaps but rest assured some if not most will read this with some interest. It is a big selling point for our trade partners when choosing us as the warranty they offer their customers.

No implications, merely stating a fact. We cover for consequential failure. Please we'd hold our hands up here if we'd actually stated that other firms don't cover it. It's too easy to suggest what a sentence implies. We are trying to engage here but it's flirting with the realms of ridiculous.

We cannot publish something like a direct comparison between ourselves and Warranty Direct in the online arena, it has the potential to open up a serious can of worms from a liability standpoint. Our experienced sales staff will highlight our selling points to those customers interested in protecting their vehicle with Warrantywise, and our plan literature is readily available online for them to make up their own minds prior to this. We'll post this info for those not particularly tech savvy.

Last edited:

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Hi Rory

I empathise with you, it can be a minefield at times.

We don't have a £2,000 limit per claim. The standard single repair limit is £5,000, but you can increase or decrease this to suit your requirements/budget. This will alter the price of your quote accordingly. The maximum repair limit for the period of the plan is up to the value of the vehicle. If the car value falls below £5,000, the single and maximum repair limits default to that value.

To comply with our warranty, servicing must adhere to the manufacturers recommendations. If the car is on a long life service plan that would be to the manufacturers recommendation, and therefore all tickety boo with us.

This is what the plan book states:

''This Plan will not apply to any Part which has not
received the correct servicing within the last 12
months or 10,000 miles or any other period
recommended by the manufacturer''

2 year service plans would come under 'any other period' mentioned above.

Hope this clears this up for you.

Thanks

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding this bit but the below is taken from your comparison table?

"Policy Claim Limit is set to value of vehicle at time of booking, if your vehicle value depreciates, our policy claim limit will remain at the higher value regardless of how long your policy has run."

OP
W

Warrantywise

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MERCEDES SL900
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding this bit but the below is taken from your comparison table?

"Policy Claim Limit is set to value of vehicle at time of booking, if your vehicle value depreciates, our policy claim limit will remain at the higher value regardless of how long your policy has run."
Yes that's right - The max claim/repair limit is set at the value of the vehicle at plan inception. So if your car is valued at £15,000 for example, that is the maximum will we pay for an unlimited amount of single repairs for the duration of the plan. Individual repair claims are limited to what you set it at at plan inception. So say you set it at £5,000 and god forbid you need 3 repairs in the period of your plan that all cost £5,000, that would be your maximum amount allowed for repairs.

Hope this makes sense - The main thing to understand is that we have a maximum repair limit and single repair limit.

Thanks

Wirral_guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 CLK270cdi Avantgarde
I'll certainly give you one thing - despite all the flack you are getting (some deserved, some definitely not) at least you are prepared to fight your corner! I'm actually quite impressed as most sales\marketing types would have run for the hills ages ago and gone to find an easier target.

So, full marks for tenacity. :)

Anyway, to sort it all out: all you need to do is offer full cover for any part failure, for whatever reason, for however old the vehicle is and without quibble, for about £10pm and you'll be beating us all off with a stick. (Oh go on then, make it £15)

Dave
(who has always self-insured so will never need to be a customer :D )

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
Quoting 'useless information' when referring to our operating model is insulting. Useless to you perhaps but rest assured some if not most will read this with some interest.

You will be pleased to learn that this is my last post on this thread.

I presume in the sentence above you mean (my) "citing" as opposed to "quoting", in which case you will have to remain insulted.

The table states
"Warranty Wise - We cover your car when a covered part is not working properly (as it was designed). No need to wait until the car breaks-down."

followed by

"Our Competitors - Parts breakdown cover only. Your car has to breakdown and stop working or else you can’t claim."

That is a clear and unequivocal statement. There is no room for interpretation.

It is also clearly and unequivocally wrong and as such, renders anything that follows useless.

Ask your legal department.

As I said above, my last post on this thread as it is now gone full circle

ALFIEBEARD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
JAGUAR XF-R SPORT

Hi Rory,
When I took my Mercedes into our local Independant a couple of years ago they stated they wont deal with WD.

I have recently booked my Jaguar into Dobsons Dealership in Levens (who have an excellent reputation) for a problem with my XF, on the wall in the Service reception is a sign, it says WE DO NOT CARRY OUT REPAIRS FOR WARRANTY DIRECT. I would give your dealer a ring and ask if a problem does occur with you Mercedes will they be happy to deal with WD/ or WW:cool:

If they say yes then all is tickety boo.

Alfie

ALFIEBEARD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
JAGUAR XF-R SPORT
WW picked up that the service recoed was incomplete and the poster didn't deny that.

Err No,
The poster said Warranty Wise had receipt of a completed service book and invoices for the services, where did you read the poster agreed there was an incomplete service record? to refresh your memory here is the post...........

Experience: I bought warrantywise warranty, the highest warranty available which covers all parts, I made a few small claims and they were approved and I eventually received my money. However one day my engine malfunctioned, after taking it to the VW dealers they stated I needed a new engine. Warrantywise made dozens of excuses as to what I need to do before my claim is approved, after providing all the evidence they required. They made VW dismantle my engine costing me £1000, (promising they will pay), after 2 months of my car at VW dealers, they send me a letter and say ‘my service history is inaccurate and they have cancelled my policy with immediate effect and would not respond to me’ this is completely pathetic.

On the website it clearly says when the warranty is purchased we will check the vehicle and service information, nevertheless I have had numerous small claims approved before but now that my vehicle needed a new engine ‘my service history is inaccurate’ even though my service has been done at the VW dealers and all stamps and invoices have been provided.
They have left me to fix and pay for my vehicle which cost me £4000!!!!

I liked the way Warranty Wise liked your post even though they knew the guy had a full service record from the Main Dealer:shock:, funny how they paid for the small repairs and SHIRKED on the big one.:rolleyes:

I also rest my case like drmw and much to WW delight I wont be drawn to produce any further comments on Warranty Wise.

WEASEL WORDS.

Last edited:

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
I have just gone throughout your comparison , as others have.

Quite honestly it is clear marketing hype.

When compared with WD whom I am with your first 3 points are actually the opposite of what I have found ...

Point 1 : WD do cover parts.. The car doesn't have to breakdown.... That's just bollocks...

Point 2 : Cherry picking the cars they accept .... Totally untrue . They cover a car that WW wouldn't due to its risk profile .. A 10 year old SL ... So proof that WW cherry pick..

Point 3: wear and tear not included or takes time to kick in : errr nope WD covered mine right from day 1 ....

Point 4 repairs at a network garage cost you due to difference in labour rate .. As per point 1 ..complete bollocks...

By this time I got bored looking at the different things you quote as facts ... Your "facts" are not "facts" .. I , and others here , have evidence from dealing with WD that refute most of this...

You ar eno better/worse than anyone else tbh and you charge a premium because old Quentin there is fronting it.... Premium price for a standard service... Go figure....

OP
W

Warrantywise

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MERCEDES SL900
WW picked up that the service recoed was incomplete and the poster didn't deny that.

Err No,
The poster said Warranty Wise had receipt of a completed service book and invoices for the services, where did you read the poster agreed there was an incomplete service record? to refresh your memory here is the post...........

Experience: I bought warrantywise warranty, the highest warranty available which covers all parts, I made a few small claims and they were approved and I eventually received my money. However one day my engine malfunctioned, after taking it to the VW dealers they stated I needed a new engine. Warrantywise made dozens of excuses as to what I need to do before my claim is approved, after providing all the evidence they required. They made VW dismantle my engine costing me £1000, (promising they will pay), after 2 months of my car at VW dealers, they send me a letter and say ‘my service history is inaccurate and they have cancelled my policy with immediate effect and would not respond to me’ this is completely pathetic.

On the website it clearly says when the warranty is purchased we will check the vehicle and service information, nevertheless I have had numerous small claims approved before but now that my vehicle needed a new engine ‘my service history is inaccurate’ even though my service has been done at the VW dealers and all stamps and invoices have been provided.
They have left me to fix and pay for my vehicle which cost me £4000!!!!

I liked the way Warranty Wise liked your post even though they knew the guy had a full service record from the Main Dealer:shock:, funny how they paid for the small repairs and SHIRKED on the big one.:rolleyes:

I also rest my case like drmw and much to WW delight I wont be drawn to produce any further comments on Warranty Wise.

WEASEL WORDS.
Alfie

Without being able to look in to this case it's difficult to answer. The reason we haven't responded on the other forum is due to the customer in question telling us that we cancelled his/her plan. There will be more to this than what you have read we can guarantee that. We couldn't possibly be seen to be operating ethically if we'd declined the repair claim on the grounds of incomplete servicing if it was deemed that he did in fact have a full service record.

Last edited:
OP
W

Warrantywise

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MERCEDES SL900
I have just gone throughout your comparison , as others have.

Quite honestly it is clear marketing hype.

When compared with WD whom I am with your first 3 points are actually the opposite of what I have found ...

Point 1 : WD do cover parts.. The car doesn't have to breakdown.... That's just bollocks...

Point 2 : Cherry picking the cars they accept .... Totally untrue . They cover a car that WW wouldn't due to its risk profile .. A 10 year old SL ... So proof that WW cherry pick..

Point 3: wear and tear not included or takes time to kick in : errr nope WD covered mine right from day 1 ....

Point 4 repairs at a network garage cost you due to difference in labour rate .. As per point 1 ..complete bollocks...

By this time I got bored looking at the different things you quote as facts ... Your "facts" are not "facts" .. I , and others here , have evidence from dealing with WD that refute most of this...

You ar eno better/worse than anyone else tbh and you charge a premium because old Quentin there is fronting it.... Premium price for a standard service... Go figure....
We state that a part doesn't have to have completely stopped working for us to cover it. If the part isn't working properly, or as the manufacturer intended, we'll cover it. The car doesn't need to break down completely. That's how we differ in terms authorising repair work.

We DO NOT cherry pick the vehicles we cover. We will cover any make or model. What we do have, as previously explained in this thread, are age and mileage limits. If your car falls out of these limits then we can't cover you. This is not cherry picking.

Some of our competitors will bypass their policy wording in order to make a sale. The fact you have it in writing that WD give you wear and tear from day one is good business on your part indeed!

Again - if your warranty paperwork states you can go to any VAT registered repair garage and you have been told what labour rate you are covered for that's the perfect ammo for you to carefully choose where you take your car for any potential repairs. This is how we provide our paperwork too.

We apologise for boring you! Not the intention. The comparison table, the how we operate page, the published list of claims paid page and our happy customers page are all there to give our potential and existing customers an extensive knowledge base.

Last edited:

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
We state that a part doesn't have to have completely stopped working for us to cover it. If the part isn't working properly, or as the manufacturer intended, we'll cover it. The car doesn't need to break down completely. That's how we differ in terms authorising repair work.

We DO NOT cherry pick the vehicles we cover. We will cover any make or model. What we do have, as previously explained in this thread, are age and mileage limits. If your car falls out of these limits then we can't cover you. This is not cherry picking.

Some of our competitors will bypass their policy wording in order to make a sale. The fact you have it in writing that WD give you wear and tear from day one is good business on your part indeed!

Again - if your warranty paperwork states you can go to any VAT registered repair garage and you have been told what labour rate you are covered for that's the perfect ammo for you to carefully choose where you take your car for any potential repairs. This is how we provide our paperwork too.

We apologise for boring you! Not the intention. The comparison table, the how we operate page, the published list of claims paid page and our happy customers page are all there to give our potential and existing customers an extensive knowledge base.

1. Splitting hairs here... A part is either faulty or it isn't....
2. You say you 'can't ' cover me... You actually mean you 'won't ' cover me.... It's very different. That will be based upon your under writers conditions I guess .... So you negotiated that with your underwriters...quite deliberate ..therefore 'cant' doesn't come into it..
3. Wear and tear from day 1 ..was offered up front ... I didn't ask for it....
4. They will pay franchised rates on the proviso it gets serviced at a franchise garage ..I had the choice to agree that or not ..I chose to go with it.. Eyes wide open and checked beforehand with my local mb garage the maximum rate was within the right range..

Your comparison table is quite wrong compared to my experience and others of your competitors...it's quite obvious it's a careful crafted marketing hype with WW view of where you are n the market... It certainly is not factual.

Perhaps you ought to fix the porkies in it....then you will get some better feedback here...

Sorry but I think too expensive for too little and not flexible at all ... It's been proven here...

amb67

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes-Benz C220 Coupe AMG, E320 CDI (S211), Aprilia RSVR
OMG :shock: just completed the details for a quote and it was over £140.00 per month.....

I had a quote for a genuine Mercedes-Benz warranty the other week and that was only £100.00 a month.

No thanks....:rolleyes:

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ah but they don't have Quentin on their home page :D

Last edited:

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Quentin must be very expensive.

Smacsor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 C250 CDI AMG Sport Plus; 2011 C220 CDI Blueefficiency 125 Edition - SOLD; R230 SL500 - SOLD
I had an email saying they had a 15% off offer which brings it down to extortionate from "bl**dy hell...how much!!".

Self-insure is the way to go. Put £100 a month into a savings account and that will cover most issues (assuming your ABC/SBC doesn't go in month 2!).

But hey.....life is a risk?

d:class automotive are specialists in automotive interiors and upholstery. From Mercedes and modern cars to custom and classics. Tel: 01483 722923 Email:info@dclass.co.ukWeb:www.dclass.co.uk
Top Bottom