MBO Windscreen Badge Competition

OP
beccy

beccy

MBO Membership Secretary
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL
I have a question to ask, is it ok to reproduce the Owners Club logo onto a one line graphic?
IE to put on a side or rear facing window? Would read the logo, followed by the web address.
Reason i ask is that i have a access to a plotter, and a some nice acid etch and blasted film (3m dusted crystal made from crushed glass) that could be used to fit internally, this would make it looked etched into the glass, without being obtrusive.
Now before i even attempt to do this, i would like to ask IF i can? Do i need permission for personal use? If i run off a batch would the club like them to distribute as it see's fit? I am not doing this to make money, charge or anything like this. The club is a huge asset and am only looking to promote it.

Hi Spannaz,

This sounds like a great idea and we would be very happy for you to create a club logo for your rear window. Do you need us to supply you with anything, such as a pdf of the new badge logo?

Once you have had the badge made, please email us some pictures with it on your Merc.

Look forward to seeing the design.

Beccy :D

Spannaz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Kia Sedona 08
Hi Beccy, yes could you please be so kind to email me a pdf of the club logo, i can then use this with the web address to get the right effect.
Just found a nice roll of film that would go really well with this so will try out a couple of types to see what works best and post some pics!

OP
beccy

beccy

MBO Membership Secretary
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL
Hi Beccy, yes could you please be so kind to email me a pdf of the club logo, i can then use this with the web address to get the right effect.
Just found a nice roll of film that would go really well with this so will try out a couple of types to see what works best and post some pics!

That's great! Please PM me your email address and I'll get the logo over to you.

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Hi I was just thinking of doing the same.
I'm working on making something similar and also the idea to do a forum logo and found this thread.
Spannaz, did you get anywhere with this?

I'm doing some decals in vinyl and thought I'd try one to match the windscreen badge.
I think it would be easy to do as there really isn't much to it. Just two MB font initials and a circle.
But if there's a vector graphic made already that I could also use that would be great.
Here's something similar I made earlier ;)
If I manage it i'll post result.
Thanks

email:- salesatasl AT gmail.com

Attachments

• grafic.jpg
    grafic.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Just a note, I swapped my sticker from one car to another today, and half the printed ink remained on the windscreen :(

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom