Me and my Mercedes Benz C200 Kompressor

Samyaza

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes-Benz C Klasse C200 Kompressor T-Model 2002 2 Liters petrol
Hello, I just sign up on this forum. I live in East Europe and I'm 38 years old. I have a bachelor degree in economic studies and optometry, and some IT studies. My hobbies are nature, M.B. cars, girls and being lazy. When I was in college the new C Klasse blew my mind, I promised myself one day I'm gonna own one, and finally I got one last year. The car was quite cheap, I could not afford a better one, is from 2002 (pre-facelift) and has some problems with rust. Is a C200 Kompressor T-Model (Estate), 2 Liters petrol 163 HP, Elegance, it has automatic transmission 5G Tronic, light and rain sensors, heated seats, climatronic on 2 zones, etc. It really needs a whole paint job and to replace some parts. Except from that the car is good and solid. Since I bought it I replaced the brake pads, the back calipers (they were locked because of rust), the springs on the back (broken), I changed the oil and filters to the engine, changed all arms in the front of the car, changed the differential oil and the sparks. Tomorrow I go to replace the coolant because it seems has never been changed (is rusty from blue) and soon the automatic transmission oil. I still have things to do but I'm quite optimistic. The car is fast, is quite comfortable, no gremlins in the bord or strange noises. I also need to replace the rain sensor because it stopped working. I don't know why. Also I need to replace the back door latch. I can open it only with the key, has some broken bronze lever in there. I really want to make it brand new because is worth it. I didn't pay too much for it and the engine is very good. Doesn't burn oil, the transmission works like a dream, the interior is very good looking and well maintained so I guess I found my dream C Klass from the college. I'm very happy to be here and hope to make new friends. Cheers to everybody!

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Welcome to the forum , you have been busy !

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi Samyaza, welcome to the forum :)

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI
Hello and Welcome Samyaza !!!

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
Good work Samyaza.

I too have an 'old' S203 and see no reason to replace it at the moment.
It sounds as though you have all the common issues this model is known for.

Once you have the mechanical side in order, I can highly recommend an Android head unit to bring that side into the 21st century.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom