Mercedes CLK200k Sport 2005-2008 Buying advice

mrg123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk200k sport
Hi, I would generally like to know what to look out for when buying the car in the title

For example what work should be carried out at certain service intervals?

Mechanically wise what should I check for when buying the car?

How much does this car retail between, as I have seen one that I would like to buy: http://www.mercland.com/model/1310-....8-AMG-SPORT-COUPE-KOMPRESSOR-AUTO-BLACK.html
Do you think the car in the link is overpriced?

What problems (if any) does this model have? As I know some cars have problems when they were built etc. Also note the car I am looking for is automatic, as I know manuals are hard to sell etc.

Finally is there anywhere on this site or any other forums for that matter whereby members post their cars on sale? As I would not mind buying a car of a fellow enthusiast, because I know full well that it would be well cared for.

I would appreciate any advice which Mercedes owners or even specifically owners of this model could share, thank you.

Last edited:

lwbnick

Reaction score
Website
euromerc.tumblr.com
Your Mercedes
expedition
Hi, I would generally like to know what to look out for when buying the car in the title

For example what work should be carried out at certain service intervals?

Mechanically wise what should I check for when buying the car?

Anything powered by an M271 engine is worth avoiding.

David Nock

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK/2009/320CDI
Doesn't look overpriced if it checks out OK but I will always pay for a good car. You MUST negotiate a good warranty if it's a dealer sale.

You're asking for a service schedule…..too much to attempt to list out on here.

I don't think there's anything unusual about servicing for this car but all mercs are expensive to have serviced at a main dealer.
My car is a 320 CDI (V6). Problem after problem with oil leaks. I know nothing of the 200K engine. You need to research that on here.

The years of Valeo radiator problems and severe rusting were before the 2005 facelift model

The facelift CLK seems relatively well built. Manual…..avoid as everyone wants Auto. Other good options are leather, command, parktronic. This car looks very well specified and the AMG kit does looks good on these cars The ride is surprisingly good for such low profile tyres on 18" rims

Last edited:

toby1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 CL420 C140; 1997 SL500 R129
Certainly looks the part but I don't know much about the engine. Facelift 209s are pretty good overall

Top Bottom