mercedes GLE

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
well folks after a week with an XC 90 Volvo my new courtesy car is a Merc 250 GLE amg , erm to say im not impressed after the fabulous drive of the Volvo is an understatement ! The merc is dated , fussy , complicated and lacks the ergonomic finesse of Swedens finest , only three things I can really compliment the Merc on , 1. steering wheel is lovely 2. I goes like a stabbed rat when asked too 3. it has the coolest DRL's ive come across so far but its en gratis so better than walking ;)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Can’t disagree on the XC90, I have had one since May, a 2018 model Momentum with family pack and winter pack.
Wonderful car packed full of tech, we love it!
Haven’t tried the GLE to be honest ( I needed 7 seats) but I’m surprised at your comments ?

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
I quite like the new Volvo and will take a look at it more when I decide to change the ML. Is the 60 the same as the 90 but smaller as I don’t need the 7 seats. Their hybrid kicks out more than 400 hp

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
The new 60 is indeed pretty much a smaller version, smaller being the operative word! You might find it a bit small vs the ML Ian

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Agree with most of what you say about the GLE.

I test drove a couple of 63s when I was considering a replacement for my old E Class and was decidedly underwhelmed. It felt like a 10 year old interior which, in reality I suppose it is as it's an ML really. I couldn't get comfortable in it no matter how much I adjusted the seat, and found the ride no more than average.

It was a shame really as I really wanted to like it but I know if I'd have bought one I'd end up chopping it in for something else after a few months, especially as there's talk of a facelift coming out, so I ended up with another E Class, albeit a 4WD one. :)

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
GLE is just a slightly refreshed ML so an old car, there is a new GLE out next year totally updated

Friend has a Hybrid XC90 and loves it

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
GLE is just a slightly refreshed ML so an old car, there is a new GLE out next year totally updated

Friend has a Hybrid XC90 and loves it
The Hybrid is like a rocket ship but oh so pricey!

Mr Filipov

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 BMW 535d Gran Turismo
OP how did you bring yourself to get the 250? I would not even consider a 4 cyp in a passenger car, let alone an SUV.

OP
bembo449

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
thanks JB , its not my choice , they offered me a range rover which would have been nice but 100k car outside where I live was just asking for trouble , the GLE seems to go unnoticed . . . . .

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom