Mercedes Me Fault Code mystery

• Thread starter charlie200alphamikegolf
  • Start date
C

charlie200alphamikegolf

Whenever I try to connect to my C-Class with my mobile phone, I get an internal error fault code 500-WS.

I've tried to update the (Android) Mercedes me Adapter software but, the log-in page is too unstable to use. This suggests a server issue.

Has anyone else had this experience?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I'm finding the adapter a bit unstable although I haven't had that particular fault. I've uninstalled and reinstalled to stabilise and it works at least for a while

280merc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220d AMG Line Premium mid 2016
Whenever I try to connect to my C-Class with my mobile phone, I get an internal error fault code 500-WS.

I've tried to update the (Android) Mercedes me Adapter software but, the log-in page is too unstable to use. This suggests a server issue.

Go onto App Support in Mercedes Me app, they responded to a query I had very quickly and effectively, even were able to check the version of software in car and identify it needed updating.

Martijn Mercedes

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C estate/2017/200d
I have the exact same message, but app support does not help because I cannot even login to my Mercedes me app anymore. The problem is going on for two days already. Does anyone know if I can fix it? Or is it a problem on the Mercedes servers?

Mark Glc300e

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLE 500e
I have the exact same message sinds 3 days. So I think it is a problem on the servers by Mercedes.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Strangely mine is working fine!
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app...

OP
C

charlie200alphamikegolf

I uninstalled the app, obtained the latest version and installed it on my phone. Now, the app refuses to recognise my car and keeps asking for registration details. Going down the 'Add New Vehicle' route won't work because, my VIN Number is on the MB me database, i.e. I am already registered. However, I did discover that following this process will cause the app to recognise my vehicle. Problem solved? No, because the next time I use the app, I'm back to 'square one'!

The upshot is that I have thrown the problem at Mercedes me Support. I'll post a solution if and when I get one!

Dirk Pelgrims

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA 200 D 2016
Me also, i think its a general problem with the app.

OP
C

charlie200alphamikegolf

After uninstalling the software again, I obtained it directly from Google Play Store. Previously, I had been using the Mercedes me web site and, for some unknown reason, their download link was unstable. Problem solved.

Dirk Pelgrims

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA 200 D 2016
Like Charlie said, i uninstalled/installed the app and worked again

delderek

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 2016 w205 petrol
Had to re-install the app twice now, works for a few days each time, but then get the same error.

VicInCornwall

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 E400 Sport Coupe // 2005 Suzuki Jimny // Wife = SLK 230
Mine has alsways been a bit flaky, but now it will not work for more than a few hours after clearing cache or uninstalling and downloading a new version. At one time it had me doing 105 mph across town (2 miles) or doing averges of 70mph along 30 mph zones and country lanes. The lock/unlock was also hit and miss. The web access works better. If you look on Playstore the app only gets about 2.5 stars and up to the 13th July poor reviews, so not fixed yet.

delderek

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 2016 w205 petrol
Mine has alsways been a bit flaky, but now it will not work for more than a few hours after clearing cache or uninstalling and downloading a new version. At one time it had me doing 105 mph across town (2 miles) or doing averges of 70mph along 30 mph zones and country lanes. The lock/unlock was also hit and miss. The web access works better. If you look on Playstore the app only gets about 2.5 stars and up to the 13th July poor reviews, so not fixed yet.

delderek

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 2016 w205 petrol
Worrying how a company like Mercedes, can take so long to correct something!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
This sort of electrickery doesn't seem to be their strong point - I have a Volvo XC90 with a similar function (Volvo on call), and its works perfectly, with far more functionality

Minh Pham

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have a 2018 GLE 350 that have the older remote starter kit. For the last 5 months, the Mercedes Me app (on iPhone 7S & 10) have NOT be stable at all! Dealership said it's the server connection toward Germany from the States. Call up support everyday, and they agree that there is a problem and they are working on it (for the last year). I am not very impress with this app / server method of remote start. I had a Lexus with line of sight starter that works EVERY TIME. I did not expect this from Mercedes! Not impress at all! Apparently the newer 2018 have the newer start box and a different apps that is more reliable, but we miss the cut off and they don't allow us to install after market starter. Very disappointed new Mercedes owner.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Does seem a clunky system compared to for example Volvo

belongabob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2018 A Class A200 AMG Line Executive

I’ve been in contact with Mercedes me due to the fact that I cannot get it to accept my SecID number. Been like this since early December. They tell me that they will contact me when the issue is fixed.

Evidently it’s an issue with the backend of their servers and their technicians are aware of it. Seems like the various problems are down to this fault.

To their credit, they are answering my emails very quickly.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom