Mercedes R129 1991 Seat belt warning light & beep

ROLLERMANZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes SL R129 1991
Hi Guys,

i have a 1991 Mercedes sl r129 300.

whenever i start my car, i get a beeping sound along with a seat belt sign on the dash. the beeping goes off after a few minutes but the light stays on.

this was never the cause last month until i found out that passenger seat backrest wont tilt forward. after realizing the cable for the seat backrest tilt handle is broken. i replaced the cable. since then i have been receiving this beep and seat belt sign on the dash.

i have researched online and people have said, that this might be the issue because the micro switches in the seat backrest are not locked properly.

i am not sure if i should strip the seat and look for micro switch. i don't even know where the micro switches are located and what to do. shall i just remove the cable i have installed for tilting the back rest and then see if the light goes.? any help would be really appreciated please !!!
thank you in advance

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Its definitely an issue with the microswitches on the seat back.
Its possible you've disturbed the switches when changing the changing the cable.
This is an important safety issue as the seatbelt top mount is in the seat. Any filure of the seat to be properly latched makes the seatbelt ineffective.

OP
R

ROLLERMANZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes SL R129 1991
thank you for your reply, so do you reckon, if i remove the cable, will the micro switches come back to normal or will i have to check them as well. also what do they look like and where are they located please

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
R

ROLLERMANZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes SL R129 1991
thank you for your reply. so do you reckon, i should remove the cable i have installed. will the micro switches come back to normal or will i have to test them as well? also where are they located and what do they look like. ?

thank you

OP
R

ROLLERMANZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes SL R129 1991
thank you for your reply. so shell i remove the cable and then see what it does?

also where are the micro switches located and how do i make sure they are working fine?

thank you

OP
R

ROLLERMANZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes SL R129 1991
thank you. i can understand it abit now. i will play with the switch tonight and update you on it later on

thank you for your help

OP
R

ROLLERMANZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes SL R129 1991
Thanks for your help and it was the blue micro switch which was obstructed by the cable i had put in. All fixed now

Thanks again

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom