Mercedes w124 Bulb Circuit Not Working

krm712

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 1985 200
I as you can see in the image attached, I have this part removed as I tried to diagnose what happened. I had 2 old bulbs which I ordered and tried to replace as they were old and dim.. when I removed the bulb I found that the blue wire was in the left bulb holder when the old bulb was attached. When I tried to fit the new bulbs they worked how ever one was working and the other wasn't. I figured putting the wire back as it was (Strange as I have no clue what the wire is for) how it was. The bulbs aren't turning on anymore. They still work as when I connect them to the blower adjustable knob and the vent knobs they work perfectly fine.. So I'm assuming something is wrong with the circuit. What is the wire for and how can I fix my issue?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4632.jpeg
    IMG_4632.jpeg
    317.7 KB · Views: 10

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
Please put up a picture of the back of the old bulbs that you removed.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Looks a rather odd wire and perhaps added by a PO. Looks out of place as does the solder joint.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom