Mercedes Warranty

Jasandjules

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 Estate (s205)
I am sure this has been asked a thousand times but how much is the Mercedes Warranty for when it runs out on my car and is it worth it or do they look to avoid paying out for claims/the work?

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
My advice is never to buy a warranty but to bank £1000 and if you need to use it, you have lost nothing, but if you don't use it you still have your £1000. If you purchase a warranty (I think the Tier 1 is £800) and you don't use it, they won't refund you your £800.

In short, you are better off with your money in your bank than a company you may never claim from.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
My advice is never to buy a warranty but to bank £1000 and if you need to use it, you have lost nothing, but if you don't use it you still have your £1000. If you purchase a warranty (I think the Tier 1 is £800) and you don't use it, they won't refund you your £800.

In short, you are better off with your money in your bank than a company you may never claim from.
That's how I roll Steve , never buy a warranty :D . What was the bit about putting money aside :oops:

OP
J

Jasandjules

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 Estate (s205)
To be fair that is how I normally do things, but just wondered if the Mercedes Service etc makes it worth purchasing the Mercedes Warranty

Jkh112

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 Bluetec estate
I have done the same with my Porsche. Their warranty is over £1000 per year so I ‘banked’ the money. Had the car for 7 years and in that time have spent maybe around £1000 on repairs which would have been covered.
As an alternative I have had my E class for 6 months and have already made 3 claims on the used car warranty including new rear air suspension so am thinking that £800 would have been money well spent.

OP
J

Jasandjules

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 Estate (s205)
She is only 2 years old so I am rather hoping that she won't need much/anything done but just in case there is a major issue... It's a tough call.

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Hello JasandJules and welcome. I'll assume that you're the same one from PH?

Incidentally I agree with the others about keeping a slush fund as opposed to giving MB more money.

OP
J

Jasandjules

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 Estate (s205)
Yes I am, still have the TVR Chimaera :D

Interesting, I had expected to see a few people who have made successful claims come along. I suspect then I shall bank the money instead.

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Thought it must be you really, the name sort of gave me a clue. :)

I've never bothered with a Mercedes warranty as mine have always seemed to be either very reliable or modded to within an inch of their lives, so not covered anyway.

OP
J

Jasandjules

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 Estate (s205)
Ah yes I am considering a remap already.... I saw claims that fuel economy and performance increased, which is rather interesting....... Already she is quite nippy but a little more power never hurt :D

phils

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 E220d AMG-line premium estate (S213)
As someone suggested on a previous post, it's worth ringing up the MB extended warranty helpline. The prices they quote can be cheaper than the online quote system gives?

I've just taken out the Tier 1 warranty for my C250 S205 estate, which will be 3 years old at the end of November. The online quote was around £850 but when I rang them, was quoted £564 (no excess), which seems like a no-brainer, given the cost of parts/labour etc.

I understand the "put the money in the bank" way of thinking (I don't take out extended warranty options on anything else) but with my previous S204, I had a shed load of problems when I first brought it (thankfully all covered by the MB dealer warranty), so I was concerned about ongoing reliability.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I took out Tier 1 for my 63, it suits my needs to have less to worry about, and I doubt I will mod mine much in reality (just got no time!), and having had a very expensive and poor experience last year with my SL I don’t want a repeat.
Horses for courses- I understand the put money aside camp of course but as discussed on here before it depends on the car- even a relatively small thing with mine could cost dearly....

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I think if I had a Hybid I'd be very tempted to have a warranty as some of the bills for those can be horrifying!

Mr Filipov

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 BMW 535d Gran Turismo
Put it this way, I fought for 6 months over a thermostat because the mechanics, no, technicians, no, the monkeys from the service department can’t be bothered to take the car out to see what it does. In the end they enevr did and I had to go through the head of business for that dealer group to get a result.

Let alone the fact they always want £150 for diagnostics, no, to hook it up to a computer for 5 minutes in the hope that it gives them the fault.

In my case of course, they are using software to diagnose a mechanical part which is not computer controlled...

You make up your mind as to wether the warranty is worth it or not.

The stat was a £120 part, which is probably more like £80 cost price for them.

OP
J

Jasandjules

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 Estate (s205)
Well, I do have the Hybrid soooooo perhaps a Warranty might be a wise option then :D

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 GLA250 Premium Plus, Night, AMG Exclusive Leather, Driving Assistance Packs COMAND DAB HK Audio
Mine has just come out of warranty, I'm surprised MB have not been hassling me to take one out!

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
Personally I would buy the Mercedes warranty.

Repairs to these cars can soon eat up your pennies.

Putting the money aside sounds good but in reality who does?

A new iPhone can be a £1000 plus so in my opinion warranty which could cover a gearbox or self levelling suspension is peace of mind.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom