Mice in a CL500

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
All

Just had a CL500 come in for repair, it has a misfire and general electrical problems etc, I removed the air filters to find two dead mice in the air box, also there is some damage to foam insulation on some pipe work.
Im worried they may have been elsewhere in the car and caused more damage and this is why the car runs so badly.
See attached, any suggestions welcome, I think I will return the car as is or should I try to find the fault. Ive seen RR that have have mouse damage and this has left the car beyond repair.

jib

Attachments

• mice1.jpg
    mice1.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 60
  • mice3.jpg
    mice3.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 49

BlackC55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43
I have come across this problem many times.

It is an absolute nightmare to repair somtimes and costly as the labour to strip everything and repair looms is so great.

It needs stripping and investigating.

Popular place for them to live is near the master cylinder, wiper mechanism, rear of headlights, in and around the module boxes.

Good luck. You will need it if its a bad one.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
2 things come to mind, how much is the guy willing to spend, second, a good visual check over the wiring and fuse boxes, you can slide new foam pipes ove the existing by splitting them

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom