ML AMG 18" Wheels....

psmart

Reaction score
..anybody know if there are any problems associated with going from a 8.5J x17 ET52 with 275/55 R17 tyres to AMG 9J x 18 ET52 on 285/50 R18 tyres?

My current 5 Spoke Tegmen Alloys are in a state again and Im considering buying new wheels for the summer and using the old alloys (which have winter tyres on) for the winter.

Using the link, http://www.rochfordtyres.co.uk/TyreCalc.asp, the radius is within limits, so just really need to know if there is any special fitment, spacer etc needed.

OP
psmart

psmart

Reaction score
No one replied... sob!

..but for any other ML owner, look on www.ebay.de, a guy is offering 18" AMG set, complete with Pirelli Scorpion Zero for 1399Euro, or approx 980pounds all brand new. Now considering Merc want 485euro just for 1 Rim, its a bargain.

Just be sure to check with your insurance company first!

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
psmart said:
..anybody know if there are any problems associated with going from a 8.5J x17 ET52 with 275/55 R17 tyres to AMG 9J x 18 ET52 on 285/50 R18 tyres?

My current 5 Spoke Tegmen Alloys are in a state again and Im considering buying new wheels for the summer and using the old alloys (which have winter tyres on) for the winter.

Using the link, http://www.rochfordtyres.co.uk/TyreCalc.asp, the radius is within limits, so just really need to know if there is any special fitment, spacer etc needed.

I had 18" AMG alloys on my ML which had full AMG body kit. the wheels/tyres worked fine as they were factory fitted however it was an awfully bumpy ride!

OP
psmart

psmart

Reaction score
Thanks Alfie..

.. decided against the upgrade after insurance wouldnt quote. Im very restricted on insurance companies, given that Im hardly ever in the UK driving a UK car, so had no choice but to buy new 275/55/R17 alloys. Not much difference really, other than street cred, there also rock hard. Im used to the rock hard ride, it only becomes apparent when you ferrying 'fairer' passengers!

Hope someone else gets the oportunity to buy those 285/50/R18 AMG set at less than a grand.... a bargain!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom