ML Facelift passenger wingmirror indicator!

EvilEd

Reaction score
Any idea how much one of them is ??

Managed to find a thick branch sticking out of a hedge and cracked it.... not very strong are they :( It didn't hit it that hard.

EE

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
EvilEd said:
Any idea how much one of them is ??

Managed to find a thick branch sticking out of a hedge and cracked it.... not very strong are they :( It didn't hit it that hard.

EE
Is it the glass or plastic housing that broke.

Malcolm

OP
E

EvilEd

Reaction score
It's the actual indicator lense that is on the front of the mirror.

Mirror itself is fine, just the indicator lense now has two cracks, one along the top ~4cm long and another at the bottom ~ 2cm long. lens is still intact, but it's bound to leak!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
EvilEd said:
It's the actual indicator lense that is on the front of the mirror.

Mirror itself is fine, just the indicator lense now has two cracks, one along the top ~4cm long and another at the bottom ~ 2cm long. lens is still intact, but it's bound to leak!

They cost on average £17 and you will have to dismantle the whole mirror to fit it, not easy but it depends on your skills.

you could get some plumbers plastic pipe solvent and paint over the cracks it will melt the lens and bond it and seal it. If you do this make sure that ´´none gets on to the body of the morror as it will damage the paint, mask it with masking tape. Even if you left it, if its an LED unit as apposed to a bulb unit the cracks will not do any harm.

Malcolm

panason1c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML270CDI, VW Polo 1.9tdi, BMW K1200RS
OP
E

EvilEd

Reaction score
Cheers, I'll keep an eye out, May creep round Merc as they need to replace the motors in that mirror anyway as it forgets it's settings and goes to the factory default. Luckily I took it in the garage on Sat before I broke it so they know I didn't do it :)

If not, I'm fairly handy with spanners etc.

thanks

EE

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom